Steam Question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by meatwad111, Nov 27, 2010.

1. meatwad111 macrumors newbie

So if you didn't know Steam is selling many games for very cheap and I was considering buying COD4 or L4D2 on my Macbook which I recently just got. It says that it will work on Mac and it lists the minimum system requirements and I am just not entirely sure if I can run the games, I don't think my graphics card is up to date. Is there any way to be sure? Thank you in advance! :)

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Call of Duty 4 will not work on Mac from Steam, Left 4 Dead 2 will. List your specs here and we'll be able to tell you if you can run it (for what it's worth, I can run it on the iMac listed in my sig, it has a 2400HD)

3. meatwad111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure COD4 won't work because it's under the Mac tab on steam but anyhow here are my specs.
    Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory - 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I don't know if you need more information then that, sorry I am a HUGE mac noob only had this thing about 4 days now. :D

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Apple Menu -> About this Mac.
    Then press more info and select Graphic/display.

The macbook has either Intel X3100, nvidia 9400M or 320M.

The x3100 is not that good, the 9400m is ok and the 320m is pretty good.

5. meatwad111 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Intel GMA X3100 :( But thank you guys SO much for your help, I don't know how I could have missed that.

6. Cboss macrumors 6502

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you won't be able to play L4D2 on your MacBook, I tried a few weeks ago on a similar MacBook and it wouldn't even start up because the graphics card isn't good enough. Guess I'll have to wait until Christmas and the new iMac comes.

I haven't tried COD4, so I can't say anything about that.

7. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

You could always buy it now (for the cheap price) and you'll have it for when you have a machine that can run it.