Steam suddenly will not work today

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by applefan69, Jan 3, 2012.

1. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I have my doubts that this is a Lion issue, but I am still hoping other users can confirm my issue or help me fix it.

Basically steam for OS X will not get passed the "connecting to: *user*" screen. It simply hangs.

Oddly enough though it worked fine yesterday, and I even had steam open earlier today. I could not get any games open, but I had the program open and had attempted to check the validity of my game cache's. The validity check made it to 100% then hung. I have not been able to get steam open since.

I have attempted to create a new Clientregistry.blob

I have re downloaded and installed steam onto my Mac

I have turned little snitch off completely

I have googled this issue extensively.

So now I am asking anyone who has steam on their mac running Lion to see if it is working for them. At this point I am hoping it is a temporary server issue on Valve's end.

2. Domcol macrumors newbie

Steam Issue

I also have this problem, ever since my internet connection dropped i can't re access steam, it takes an age to load and when it finally does and i try running a game it tries validating the cache and stops at 100% as does yours, i have also deleted every single steam file and every single game hoping a re download of everything would resolve it but no joy as now i can't even install it.
    It keeps telling me it needs an 56mb update and stops at around 18mb telling me I've lost connection to the internet.

FRUSTRATION CENTRAL! :mad::confused: