OS Neutral Steambox Controller Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by malman89, Oct 11, 2013.

1. malman89 macrumors 68000

May 29, 2011

Pretty interesting first release of what the controller can do. I feel better about it after my initial "huh?" response.

The only main hesitation I have is still regarding FPS play and as some comments stated, RTS play would probably be impossible. FPS seems fairly responsive, but not good enough for mouse/keyboard aiming. Movement does seem better though. It also could have been more of the user's limitation than the hardware, but it looked at least as good as a traditional console controller.

Looking to see more videos like this.
  2. Renzatic Suspended

Aug 3, 2011
    Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I sort of agree with you when it comes to RTS games or anything that relies on a cursor, like Civilization or Fallout. It works, as in it does the job, but it seems like it'd be a chore to use for those types of games.

The FPS games, though? They looked pretty damn good to me. It doesn't seem quite as accurate as a mouse, but much more fluid and quick in comparison to an analog pad. The way the guy would flick his thumb to do a quick 180...that's not something you can normally do with a stick. To me, it looked like they were playing with an oldschool trackball.

I was pretty impressed myself. No, it's not perfect, but it's still pretty damn good.
  3. roadbloc macrumors G3

Aug 24, 2009
    This just might be the first controller I like and is finally a true match to the mouse and keyboard. Might.
  4. lunaoso macrumors 65816

Sep 22, 2012
    Boston, MA
    I might pick one of these up eventually. Still won't replace a 360 controller for some games though (sports games in particular).