Steel band/glass issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonklee, Nov 8, 2017.

1. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Not complaining but I'm curious if anyone else is has this "issue." The left side is much more flush between the glass back and steel band. Running a finger over, it feels very close to one continuous surface. On the right side, it's as if there's a bigger "rim" of the steel band—the glass back curves and insets into the rim rather than conjoin with the band like on the left.

IMG_0159.jpg

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Nope. Nice avatar though.

Edit to add: nice antenna bands too.

3. shadow82x macrumors 6502

Uh... I mean I feel more rim on the right than left but its barely negligible. I'd assume there has to be some slight variance. (<0.01mm) Both are fairly smooth though

4. Charadis, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

Charadis macrumors 6502a

I noticed this, too. Not an issue for me, but still a bit concerning on a $1200+ phone

Edit: I noticed the slight “gap” because I happened to feel a very tiny protrusion on the edge behind the volume buttons. Seems like it might be glue that seeped out when it was pressed? Or something, but I was afraid that was what interfered with that side being flush, but probably not.

D62D19A4-A7ED-44EE-824D-E2D37425CCF9.jpeg

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's a very minute detail, likely not noticed by many. But none the less, it's something that's a manufacturing irregularity.

6. jasonklee thread starter macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

But I'm sure it's within spec.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's still an irregularity though, even if it's a minor One that many would never take notice of.