OS X Steering Wheel That Supports Force Feedback on Mac (for F1 2016)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sunday Ironfoot, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Sunday Ironfoot macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend a steering wheel that supports force feedback on macOS, specifically for the game F1 2016? Does either the Logitech G29 or G920 work?

I went on Feral's website (who did the Mac port) here http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-linux-games/f12016/faqs/wheels/ and they note the following:

...they say "many" manufacturers, not ALL, so I'm wondering if there's any that DO support force feedback on Mac. Logitech DOES provide a G29/G920 driver for Mac.

My local PC World store is selling the G29 for £180, so tempted, hmmm :)

2. imacken macrumors 65816

All I can say is that my Logitech G27 works perfectly in Feral games, including F1 2016, and has Force Feedback.
    I have the old Logitech FFB kext installed, but not sure if the newer games need it. Older games do though.

3. Sunday Ironfoot thread starter macrumors regular

After doing a little digging, turns out that Feral embed FFB steering wheel drivers directly into the games themselves for popular wheels. I tried my ageing Logitech Driving Force GT with F1 2016, and it works perfectly. I tried it with Dirt 3: Complete Edition, and no FFB support in that one unfortunately. Hoping it works with the upcoming Dirt Rally Mac port.

4. imacken macrumors 65816

As I hinted at previously, you need to install the Logitech FFB kext for older games.

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yep.
    But I understand that if this is new to users, then more info is required:

1. Search for "Kext_Utility".
    2. Search for "LogitechForceFeedback.kext".