SteerMouse issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MarlboroLite, Mar 14, 2008.

1. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I bought a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 for my Macbook and everything seemed to work fine except for the back button which was advertised as working....it doesn't work in a Mac...so I looked things up and found out I could use the SteerMouse driver to make it work. And so it did, but while it made it work, I lost my middle bottom (scroller) abilities like clicking it to open and close tabs and links, as well as the little arrow thing that makes it go down or up when you click a webpage.

I tried looking in the middle button menus of the steermouse but frankly it's too confusing and I don't know how to bring back the middle button functionality. Anyone out there who can help?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I was juuuuust researching about this mouse, and there isn't much info about it + Macs.

The back button doesn't work on Macs or PCs. Funny. You can only use the back button to use Spaces, but not Expose or "back". I wanted to use the button for Expose because that's what I do on my wired mouse, but if it doesn't work, I'm not buying it.

There's actually one solution, and that is to get USB Overdrive X. If you get it, you can reprogram the back button to do whatever you want. :eek: I don't want to deal with the annoyances of Overdrive X if I don't pay for it (it's shareware), and I don't want to pay an additional $20 for it.