Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Slapped this on today and very impressed. Took all of 10 secs to mount and looks classy. Comes with the crystal film for the front which is thick and extremely clear. I'll run with this for a while and see how it goes. Not concerned about the antenna problem as I don't hold the phone that way.
DSC00456.jpg

sm0

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Wellington, NZ
Thanks. Looks nice. Is it just an adhesive skin or is it like a case i.e. removable and can be reapplied?

Any more pics please? Any flash issues? Cheers

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Thanks. Looks nice. Is it just an adhesive skin or is it like a case i.e. removable and can be reapplied?

Any more pics please? Any flash issues? Cheers

a thick (vs a film) hard plate like skin.....have not tried to remove it yet....did all the flash tests - no issues at all

F1 Speed

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Just received my SGP Carbon Skin Guard & Ultra Crystal SP today as well and I'm loving it. Going to wait for my black :apple: Bumper to arrive before install though. Currently using the Zagg IS full body and liking it as well. Took a little getting use to though but was a super easy install. In the end I think I'll remove the front Zagg SP and run with the Ultra Crystal and just layer the Carbon Skin Guard over the IS on the back.

How did your Ultra Crystal SP seal up around the mic and home button cut outs? I have been reading posts that there is a problem in these areas with the Ultra Crystal SP.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
no issues with cam hole or big button - went on perfect - I degreased really well before applying- you can't even tell there is a film on the front...I've always been a PS non glare man but this crystal is better looking and pretty fingerprint free.....

ArainLA

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I bought from someplace in the UK off eBay and it cost me about $15 for 2 shipped from UK. It arrived real quick.

I cant post pics here yet but I put them up on Flicker.
Picture 1

Picture2

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Looks hot! So is the apple logo exposed or do they give you a clear protector for the logo like they do for the iPad.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Looks hot! So is the apple logo exposed or do they give you a clear protector for the logo like they do for the iPad.

I don't think they give you. It's the only thing holding me back.

I love my Carbon fiber back on my iPad. No way I want the logo getting all scratched up on my iPhone.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I don't think they give you. It's the only thing holding me back.

I love my Carbon fiber back on my iPad. No way I want the logo getting all scratched up on my iPhone.

Thanks Pared and kappaz. I also don't want to scratch up the logo (which is easier to see scratches). Maybe I'll put this film on top of the wrapsol I have already on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.