Steinhil Flex HD Protector for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dino F, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

So just received my Steinhil Flex HD protector from Spigen and on first impressions, it looks pretty good!

I haven't applied it to my iPhone 6 yet but I offered it up to the screen, and it does indeed provide that 'edge to edge' protection. It even goes around the bottom part (underneath) the home button, which most protectors do not.

It has a cut out for the light sensor, the camera and also the ear piece as well. One thing which I noticed is that it does not have that rubbery feel to it, like most other 'wet install' shields have (and yes - this is wet install protector).
    The product details state that it is a 'non-yellowing thermoplastic urethane film' and it actually feels really nice to the touch (not rubbery AT ALL!).

Before I apply it, has anyone had any experience with these screen shields? Will they work with Apple's official leather case (which I am using)?

2. roomer11 macrumors newbie

will be interested to see how it goes on your phone after you've pasted it. If you don't mind sharing some pics.

3. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

I too am very interested to see how this looks and feels. Been thinking about ordering. Steinheil have been my favorite screen protectors the last few years. Curious about compatibility with the Apple leather as well

4. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

I tried this and it was a tough install. I'm used to dry installs and this install requires you to spray the actual screen protector and apply.

I got it on straight but by the time I did, there were several ugly bubbles and it picked up a lot of lint trying to get it on straight. It did not look clean and after a day the bubbles weren't going away. I ended up removing and sending back for a refund through Amazon.

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I haven't used a wet install protector since the 3G because of how crappy they were back then. I have a perfectly installed Spigen glass protector on at the moment, but I'm curious as to how this protector will left at the edges over time. I put a skin on the back of my iPad and it lasted a month before it started peeling.

6. bigpika macrumors member

7. Uyski macrumors newbie

Would like to know this too, as wet applied protectors often have a haze with ruins the screen quality.

8. JYCH macrumors member

Can anyone gives a review/pics of this screen protector?

9. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

slightly difficult to put on, used a bit too much water and ruined my iPhone 6 lcd, must of gotten in through the speaker. had to do an out of warranty swap. Decently clear though, if you have the white iPhone i recommend staying away, cutouts get really dirty really fast. clarity is pretty good though. and feel is decent, way better then the zag days

10. bigpika macrumors member

Fitted this today. good cut outs and fitment. leaves a very small gap round the edge which is good as i still want to use my apple case.

looks pretty rubbish just now, but does take a day or 2 to cure so i won't pass judgement till then. but in parts that are dry on the screen it does look pretty clear.

for me it was always going to be a temp, till a decent fitting glass screen protector was available in the uk. i like the look of moshi ivisor but i think that will be a while before its avavilbe

11. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

I applied mine earlier today as well. The bubbles are starting to go away, however, does yours have that definite almost bumpy look to it? You can tell mine has a protector on, the whole front of the phone while protected looks almost like it has a stained glass layer on it.

12. bigpika macrumors member

it does, I've just peeled mine off. doesnt seem to work with the apple leather case. cause it goes pretty much to the edge, and the case is so tight, it keeps coming up. the search continues :(

13. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

not enjoying that look either....might hold out the 2 days and see what it looks like then....hope to post pics for people to help make the decision.

I love love the Zagg HDX, but wish it covered more. To date it has been my favorite protector both feel and look wise...just wish it covered more of the screen.

My wife has one on her 6 in white and on the white iphones you can barely tell they are even there.