Stench from rotten refrigerator sickens 28 at AT&T

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr_Brightside_@, May 13, 2009.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Linkety.
    I just heard this on the radio. I can't immediately think of anything to say, except that I love the part where the person who cleaned it out was unaffected.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Haha, I work at AT&T and we just cleaned out the fridge on our floor which had a foul stench to it, and this story has been circulating around the office, hopefully to serve as a warning to people who leave crap in the fridge. Fortunately no one got sick at our location though. I guess all we can do is laugh at our coworkers in San Jose :D

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

What a bunch of skanks.

How hard is it to throw stuff out after a few days, and if that's too complicated then mould should be your next clue.

Urgh

4. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

No, no I don't think you do.

Really, how hard would it be to pitch it out before it gets to the hazmat team level?

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

The "we clean it" quote was attributed to the fire department fridge.

Working in a cube not far from the office lunch room, I can definitely sympathize. The problem is that, by definition, it's a "not my problem" scenario. If my lunch is rotting and moulding in the fridge, then obviously I've forgotten all about it, so you're the one that discovers it, but you're reluctant to throw it away because (a) you don't know whose it is, only that it's not yours and (b) you don't want to be the one to throw away someone's lunch container and risk enduring their anger.

I've had more than my fair share of moments where I look at a container in the fridge and say "Geez, somebody's ... holy crap, that's mine!" :eek:

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We had that problem in a job I had about 15 years ago. Everyone complained but no one would clean it out. A few of us finally came up with a solution. We asked everyone to kick in $10 to buy a new one. We had about 45 employees. We got a new one and instructed the office cleaning people to throw everything out, except condiments, every Friday.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The current solution at work is they announce a throw out day via e-mail. They won't throw out lunch boxes, but things on plates, etc. are gone.
    We also had a similar situation where someone left food in their locker. Smelly. :eek:

8. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

While the stench from the bad service of ATT sickens me every day. Every time I use my iPhone I feel like those workers in San Jose.