Step 2 - Service Repair in Progress (08-Mar-2011)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbrain2010, Mar 8, 2011.

1. macbrain2010 macrumors newbie

I had an issue with my MacBook pro optical drive as it was rejecting any cd or DVD inserted into it.

I called the apple care on Monday 28th about this problem. I was given an appointment with the apple geneious bar on thusrday March 3, 2011.

I visited the geneious bar and they verified the issue and I was told that I will receive a call when parts will arrive.

I received a call from apple tomorrow that the optical drive has arrived and now I can bring my machine to get it replaced. I dropped my machine in-store.

Now I can see for whole one day its online status show that repair in progress. I do not know what that exactly mean ? Should the replacement of optical drive be taking too much time ? Or my machine is in some cue waiting to be repaired?

This is my primary computer and I really need that. I do not know what I can do now at this stage?

Regards

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Those e-mail's or messages are just an update on your repair. The status that's given doesn't necessarily reflect the stage the repair is at. The updates aren't sent throughout the day as each step is completed, they're sometimes updated/sent once a day so tomorrow you might be sent an update saying repair is completed.

That is only one outcome. It could be that the Apple store that is repairing your Mac is busy with other repairs so your Mac is still be waiting to be repaired.