Step by step guide to sharing apps between the household?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Imola Ghost, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

Ok, I've read around here that you can share not just purchased music but applications bought in the app store.

My wife and I both have a iPhone and she has a iPad. We both maintain completely separate iTunes accounts and applications. How do we go about sharing some of these applications that either she bought or I bought with one another?

I mean can I download an app on my iPhone 4 and can she use it on her iPad 2?

2. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

We do this by logging into each others iTunes accounts briefly to download the app on our devices. I'm not sure how well this will work when iCloud comes out, but at the moment that's the easiest way to do it.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

Assuming you both have your own computers, turn on Home Sharing, and in the Home Sharing preferences, look for a box that says copy apps or install new apps automatically. Now, when you sync your iPhone to your computer, it'll sync your new apps to the computer. When your wife syncs to her computer, iTunes will automatically install the new apps which you synced to your computer.