Step by step jb upgrade from 4.01 to 4.3 (5.1)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gr8pics, Jan 31, 2012.

1. gr8pics macrumors regular

gr8pics

I need help with a step by step on how to upgrade my jb Iphone 4 BB 01.59 from 4.01 to min 4.3.3, or 5.01 if possible, it MUST be untethered, or semi tethered if vers is proven very stable.

Dont lecture me on how to use Google or that stuff, ive been searching all over, and i can only find partial info on how to do it, and therefore no certain recipe on how to do it from a to b.

I might also need to preserve my BB, also in that matter i need this part included in the description too...

Thanks! :)

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can either use PwnageTool (Mac) or Redns0w (Mac/PC) to jailbreak and preserve the baseband for an unlock.

www.iclarified.com has some great guides on how to do so.

3. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Ok, and you can't use the guide on there? It's step by step.....

5. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Like i said, there are no complete guide there for MY request, only some here and some there, and i dont know in what order to do them, and what to be aware of to avoid any traps, hence my OP.
    But feel free to point me to the right one, if that one over there exists...

The closest one i can find is this, and it got issues with my BB and only goes up to 4.3.1
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13789

6. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Is it seriously nobody in here that knows or are willing to share their knowledge about this? :confused:

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

PsstGreek has already shared.

8. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Seriously, i really appreciate the effort, but i still havent come further than before i started this topic...
    If the risk of bricking the phone was close to zero i could just experiment until i fixed it on my own, but there are so many different explanations out there, some claim this, other the opposite...
    I guess it means nobody knows the right way, and just guesses and assumes then :(

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

PwnageTool or Redsn0w like I said before will get you to 5.0.1

If you want to go to any iOS before that you need the SHSH saved (TinyUmbrella).

PwnageTool preserves your baseband (and Redsn0w now) too. Jailbreaking and unlocking can be very confusing, but what I am telling you is correct.

Follow this guide: http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=19014 step by step. If you can't understand what I or someone will try to tell you, stay at 4.0.1 or have someone else do it for you.

10. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Sorry, seems i forgot to mention one of the most important things here, it also needs to be unlocked, my bad :eek:
    I guess this guide doesnt apply for me then? Or will the bb preserving automatically fix that?

11. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

After you create the custom firmware and restore with it in iTunes, your baseband will be preserved. You'll also be jailbroken. To unlock enter Cydia, and install ultrasn0w.

12. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

13. gr8pics, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

14. gr8pics, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Upgraded to ios5 now, followed the step by step instructions with pwnage tool, phone now says SIM not valid, how do i get in to Cydia now, cause i still cant find info on that topic either...

15. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Great ,monday morning, no phone, customers waiting, messages cant be given, i love that nobody in here knows anything...

16. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Open Cydia (icon) somewhere on your homescreen(s), click MANAGE after it's done loading everything, SOURCES, EDIT, ADD, then add repo666.ultrasn0w.com, DONE, then install ultrasn0w.

17. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

I love that you are so LAZY, and UNGRATEFUL at the same time.

Half the questions you have asked (in this thread, and others) you could of figured out yourself with a bit of research! :eek:

18. radge macrumors member

radge

With you acting the way you are, I can't tell you how happy this statement makes me. I'm sure that the other people on this thread TRYING TO HELP have a big smile on their faces as well.

19. Legios macrumors regular

Your customers not being able to reach you sounds like it is a good thing.....

20. gr8pics thread starter macrumors regular

gr8pics

Well, cocky funny people, if you REALLY had the knowledge and knew what you were talking about, i would gladly be more humble.
    And for the record, there has only been one person trying to help in this thread, the rest of you obviously just rested on the sideline instead of pitching in with some useful help.
    Thanks to PsstGreek for TRYING, but still, there are things he has overseen too.

First, nobody informed me that saving Shsh blobs is very important and essential if you for some reason need to downgrade later, hence my OP in this thread, i didnt ask for fun, and this is a great example of the pits you can fall into, and the very reason i asked these "stupid questions"
    You will find EVERYTHING you need to know in the world, on Google, but whats the point with these forums if you cant ask for help then???

Second, if you know what you are talking about, you should also know that when the phone is not activated with the message "sim invalid" you can of course not enter any menus, or the phone whatsoever.
    "Open Cydia (icon) somewhere on your homescreen(s), click MANAGE after it's done loading everything, SOURCES, EDIT, ADD, then add repo666.ultrasn0w.com, DONE, then install ultrasn0w."

I had to wait all day for a guy, and drive for an hour to get a AT&T card to activate the phone, and first now im getting somewhere.

And to the rest of you that couldnt or didnt wanna help, im glad i could amuse you, and hope you get it in return when its your turn.

So again, thanks to PsstGreek for the effort, and sorry for not being a computer geek :(