Step Competition (former Fitbit user)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Crzylgs15, May 4, 2015.

1. Crzylgs15 macrumors newbie

What is the best way to have a step competition with other Apple Watch users?

It was one great feature of Fitbit and I am looking for something similar for the Apple Watch. Any suggestions?

Side note that we currently use RunKeeper to track our runs, but the social features are ok, but not really what we are looking for on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. Crzylgs15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that, but is there anyway to be able to view your friends steps on the iPhone or Watch?

4. mbern1008 macrumors regular

https://matchup.io is supposed to be working on adding support for the Apple Watch which will let you compete against apple watch people as well as Fitbitters

5. spotman macrumors member

spotman

activity.club

Hi,

I just registered to post this. We just went live with our new app activity.club.

It allows you to have friendly competition with other users of the application, and includes support not only for Health App (where apple watch steps go), but also Fitbit, Jawbone, Strava and soon more.

We are working on a watch app that is due out within the next month as well, hopefully sooner! (but you can use it today, and record data and compete with your friends using Apple Watch, no problem)

Check it out

https://activity.club

6. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I'm intrigued. That was actually one thing I was sad about when using my new watch instead of the fit bit. I really did enjoy the competitions. I'll give it a try!

7. mbern1008 macrumors regular

Just installed it on my phone and it picked up my steps from health kit just fine. Installed it on my wife phone and connected it to fitbit but it didn't seem to pull in any steps :(

8. mbern1008 macrumors regular

nevermind, took like 15 minutes but it finally showed up in the activity feed. Nice start to the app. Looks like it will be very useful once it gets full featured

9. spotman macrumors member

spotman

great! glad its working... as you might imagine, the more friends you have, the more fun and motivating it is.

here is a sneak peak of the apple watch app. its currently in beta. if anyone would like access to it please email us at for.your.health@activity.club

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we are still a couple weeks out from having the watch app in the store, we have a couple more features to cram in, but early testers are having a lot of fun using it so far :)

10. Karjar macrumors newbie

What app is this showing up in? I checked health and activity and don't see that screen
    thanks

11. Hairsy macrumors newbie

Do you know whether Activity Club is going to be available in the UK app store? It could be exactly what I'm looking for ...

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Hint, look at the shape of he screen shot.;) It is found on your :apple:Watch in the Activity main screen (all 3 rings) and scroll down.

13. Karjar macrumors newbie

Yes I had looked at my watch ;). I had scrolled down but not on the main page. Of course this morning everything is 0. How do you see more than he current day or is that all you can see. Or is that when you get your weekly summary on Mondays??

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Sorry for the incomplete/inaccurate info, yes it is from the weekly summary. :eek:

15. Karjar macrumors newbie

Thank you. Will check it out Monday. Wish the Health app was a little nicer in displaying its data. Over time. Looks very 1990s in terms of GUI. Sad for Apple.

16. spotman macrumors member

spotman

Hi,

Give us about 3-4 weeks. Will be in the release after the initial watch app release.

Thanks for your interest!

To those that emailed us about beta access, testflight was messed up and is working now. Give us a few hours and you'll be on your way :)