Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utcarsons

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Anyone have a step counter type app that will send notifications if you aren't moving or reaching xx% of your goal each day? I have step counters that work ok (Pedometer++, etc.) but I could definitely use some nagging to get up and walk around during the day. Ideally, something that would yell at me at noon if I haven't done 50% of my steps or at 7 pm if I haven't done 80-100%.

Thoughts anyone?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
....Also having Stand reminders is important. When you stand you should always make it a point to walk around for at least a couple of minutes.

utcarsons

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Yeah, I have notifications on. They only work some of the time. Seems to be a common problem for me since the last round of updates. I've tried several activity tracker apps this week to find a good fit for this problem and just looking for a one-stop-shop sort of fitness tracker. Nothing is really meeting my needs right now. UA Record is close, but seems very moody about actually syncing. UP (by Jawbone) is a beautifully designed app, but apparently makes up its own mysterious step count. I'd rather it just use the data from HealthKit. I'm missing my FitBit more and more which is a sad sort of realization. It's entirely a software failure. C'mon Apple. You can make Health SO much better.

Reactions: Not A Fanatic

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Just to be clear --

Fitbit chose (understandably, IMO) to ignore step data accumulated via the Watch. It's there in Health -- you can see if for yourself -- and some other apps use it. But, in an effort to protect sales of their own tracker bands, Fitbit wrote their app to ignore Watch data.

Don't blame Apple for this. It's hard to blame Fitbit, though, too, because most of their revenue comes from wearables.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Cakewalk is an app that does this. But it's very simplistic, on both the phone and the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.