Stepped on Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VTBoy206, Apr 12, 2009.

1. VTBoy206 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

So I accidentally stepped on my Macbook Pro. It's been a week and everything seems to be alright. No cracked screen or anything. Should I be worried? What might happen to it? Has anyone else had this happen?

2. Neykon macrumors member

Easy on my friend!

Everyone hurt their Macs once in while, and you have allmost answered your own question: "It's been a week now, and everything seems just right".

Why worry then? You didn't dropped it from a building, hopefully.

3. kolax macrumors G3

If you have a unibody MacBook Pro.. depending on how hard you stepped on it, it'll probably just be minor denting/scratching. The unibody structure is very strong, but will cave slightly if you do accidently stand and put your full weight on it. If your logic board had caved slightly with the casing, you'd probably know about it by now.

4. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Relax! Macs are made to last! They're robust! If there is no major physical damage there's no need to worry!

5. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Let me tell you something my friend, there are two phrases that describe the Unibody macbooks and macbook pros.

1. Elegant :cool:

2. Like a tank :D

6. magamo macrumors 6502

It seems I'm not the only one who accidentally stepped on a laptop. Mine is working properly like nothing has happened. I only weigh 110 lbs and it's not like I jumped onto it though.

7. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

if ur worried about it just run an apple hardware test by holding D at bootup. use the extended test (takes 40 minutes) if ur that worried

8. MBAir macrumors member

Just wondering, unless u were in a pillow fight or jumping over tables/desks, why would you leave the laptop on the floor?

Just j/k, the unibody is very well built. Glad ur foot is ok! :)

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Nah it should be fine if you don't see anything wrong with it.

I dropped mine the other day...

10. Orbane macrumors member

I risk being flamed for reviving an old thread, but what the hell.

I recently stepped on my MBP, it was in an incase neoprene sleeve (obviously that wont help since it's just to prevent scratches) and everything seems fine! Tried the hardware test with no problems reported. These things are robust!

11. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

;) This thread should have a warning/disclaimer. It is cringe worthy!!! I baby mine like it was a child. (My child of course. If it was someone else's child I wouldn't really care duhh)

12. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Macbooks are elegant. But they sure aren't built like tanks. Thinkpads, now they are hunking big chunks of laptop. That is a tank!

13. moel macrumors 6502

Not tanks maybe...but certainly lightly armoured assault vehicles ;)

1 i7 MBP after my Mx-5 drove over it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bad but not unimpressive.

14. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

:eek: How'd you drive over it? Hahaha omg this thread kills me. Now I am gonna be EXTRA OCD about my MBP...

15. moel macrumors 6502

Put my bag in front of the car. put my bike on my bike rack.

Got into car...drove forward. :/

16. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Do you have insurance? I know an i7 is sub $2000 range so no deductible and $45/year!

17. moel macrumors 6502

I did..annoyingly because it happened in my garage tho, they were the greasy sneaks that insurance companies are, and only paid out £1000, leaving me to find the other £588.

A Mistake I will not be making in future.

18. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Huh? What does your garage have to do with it? Please explain I'm interested!!! :eek:

19. moel macrumors 6502

basically because the accident happened in my garage, then it is classed as an 'outbuilding' in my contents insurance.

This meant a £1000 maximum for any item, rather than £1500 if i'd said it happened in the home.

20. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Oh my god...It was in the garage, it was practically outside already! They should've given you the full amount.

21. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

Do you guys leave your laptop on the floor? I never put my macbook on the floor, always at least a coffee table or something. My Macbook 1st gen has its fair share of cracks on the casing but it has held up for 4 years now. I don't think I have ever stepped on it though...I don't think the polycarbonate would hold up as well as the aluminum :D

22. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Continuing the discussion on the durability of these wonder machines, I present to you photos of a shot up Macbook Pro Macbook . It took 3 bullets, apparently the hard drive survived. Damn!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I will definitely be bringing my MBP the next time I go over a friends house who gets drive bys a LOT...It def will come in handy.