Steps for provisioning second app for debugging?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by nottooshabby, Sep 22, 2008.

1. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

I want to start a second app and install it on my ipod. I'm a little confused what I need to do to provision everything to install the second app on my ipod. I put a * in for the bundle indentifier when I set up my device certificate and app store certificate, so I shouldn't have to do anything on the portal right? I just drag the certificates to the new project?

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I have used the same provisioning profiles (debug and distro) for all 7 of my apps. 5 of them are in review right now, but 2 of them went through no problem.

3. nottooshabby thread starter macrumors 6502

So you didn't have to do anything in the portal after the first app right? Just drag the certificates to the new project and go?

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I've been wondering about this also. Do you need to set the bundle identifier in the project? If I just want to run some of the sample code on the device do I have to have a provisioning certificate with a * in it and then set the bundle identifier, or is there more?

I set up my provisioning certificate with a complete bundle identifier, no *, so either I need to change that one or get a second one with a *, I guess.

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Nothing new in the portal. Just set the provisional profile for the app in xcode, then build.

6. nottooshabby thread starter macrumors 6502

cool...Thanks