iPad Steps to get Camera Connection Kit working?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Heidif81, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Heidif81 macrumors newbie

HI all,

I have purchased a 5 in 1 camera connection kit off Ebay, not the official Apple model. Would like to be able to upload images off a camera SD card while traveling.

The instructions that came with are rubbish, Ive read various forums online but for the life of me, cant figure it out. Usually, I can work through tech glitches but really struggling. Can someone please advise if these fake camera connection kits do work? And if yes, run through step by step how to upload via SD to Ipad? Pretty sure its an Ipad 2nd gen (that sounds clueless in itself).

Im off on holidays next week and need to get this sorted, please help!

2. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I'm wrestling with this problem too and actually just posted on here to try & find a solution...

This is as far as I've got. I bought a 5in1 connector at Christmas which didn't work. Then the other day while on eBay I noticed one marked as having 'new apple chip set'. Looked identical to be fair, to the first one that didn't work, but I went for it anyway. And it kind of works. It'll transfer the files from the Micro SD card to the iPad (Air) ok, just need to work out how to play the AVI files now.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251068790335?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

3. Heidif81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the reply :) Ive had both PCs and Macbooks in the past, but Ipads...geez. The model I own is Ipad 2, just checked out its serial code online. Its the 30 pin connection kit. Looking at actual Apple (used) Camera Connector kits on Ebay now. If I purchase, is it likely to work or is there something up with recent software updates?

4. Dandu macrumors regular

Just try with a SD Card from a Camera, with a DCIM folder and photos : when you insert the photo, the iPad launch Photos App.

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I see this thread is a little old, but for any others....

There are plenty of reasons why knock-off CCKs won't work. But even if they do, they would surely have to follow the same "rules" as the Apple CCK. Namely:

1. Content must be in a directory named DCIM, which resides at root level. (Subdirectories will be ignored, as will other root level directories/content.)

2. Content must have exactly 8 character file name, followed by 3 character extension. The extensions must be in the short list of recognizable A/V media, e.g., jpg, mov, mp4, etc.