Steps to selling an iPhone...help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gumball981, May 23, 2010.

1. gumball981 macrumors member

Ok so I have a black 16gb iPhone 3g and I want to sell it to get some extra money for the next generation iPhone. I was just curious as to the process to selling this phone on eBay. Do I just restore the phone and take out the sim card? Does the phone need to be unlocked? I'm confused.

thanks for the help!

2. greemie macrumors member

You can get a little more if you can unlock it. It can be unlocked only ifnyou have never upgraded to the latest firmware 3.1.3. If you do a normal restore it would upgrade it to 3.1.3.

It's fine just to restore it and take out the sim. Also you can delete your data by doing servings, general, reset, erase all content and settings.

3. ericxd macrumors regular

hmm selling it on eBay to an overseas country seems to profit the most...anyone done this before and how much percentage does eBay take off an iPhone sales?

Looking to sell my White iPhone 3GS Locked...

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

NVM...I'm so sick of these threads. Why don't we have a sticky?

5. greemie macrumors member

eBay takes 9% of the final value, plus whatever listing fees, then PayPal will take about 3%. People overseas do not buy locked iPhones from the USA. If they do it would be by mistake. Which you do not want. With new eBay and PayPal policies in place, the buyer can always get a refund with or without your corporation.