Steps to unlock a blocked/locked iPhone you found.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCore24, May 17, 2014.

1. iCore24, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014

iCore24 macrumors 6502

iCore24

Hi there, so if you clicked on this you have "found" a iphone that is most Likely on iOS 7 activation lock.

Before you even try to make another thread among the dozens telling your BS story on how the owner doesn't care anymore or it's too late to return a found iphone, please do these steps.

1: Use Siri to call close family members. Example, "Siri call mom, dad, my brother, home etc."
    most likely if they didn't disable Siri on the lock screen you can call them.

2: If it's not cellular activated, ask for the contact information instead of calling. Example, "Siri what's my moms number" then call them on a different phone.

3: if you deleted the phone, then it is mostly impossible to find the owner and unlock it. You should avoid selling it on eBay and instead give it to an Apple store to recycyle.

Don't be a thief, and no you don't have to physically grab the phone to be a thief. Your a their if you have someone's property and don't bother finding the owner and want to use it yourself.

I'm tired of seeing these threads everyday so I made this one to lead them all in the right direction or to not annoy any of us.

I would also love to hear any successful found and returned stories and if these steps helped you :)

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Do you know if i try a dfu restore will i be able to bypass the lock?

I kid! Lol

3. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I see what you did with the thread title ;)

Unfortunately those threads will never stop.

5. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Thieves are greedy people they'll never hand the phone in.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Some of us, like me, due to security concerns have everything disabled on the lock screen along with a strong password and a 10 attempt limit.

But you are correct about the scenario being the same, but the story behind the scenario is different.

7. Powermax macrumors regular

Can you help me return a stolen or lost device to the rightful owner?

In cases where law enforcement has recovered a lost or stolen device and wants to return it to the “original owner,” contact Apple Customer Care (ACC) via email at law_enforcement_esc@apple.com. Please include the device’s serial number in your email and any additional pertinent information. If registration information is available, ACC will contact the owner and instruct him or her to contact law enforcement to recover the device. A subpoena is not required in most cases. However, if there is conflicting information located within our databases you may be instructed to submit a subpoena.

Source: http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/law-enforcement/

8. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Has activation lock even been cracked yet? If not, Apple have done a great job. I read that iPhone theft is down 50% in the UK.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Supposedly.

Same third party companies providing unlocks have expanded their services - although they try to cover themselves by saying you have to be the legitimate owner.