Steps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stoomc, May 16, 2015.

1. stoomc macrumors regular

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding steps.
    I was having a quick look at my friends Apple Watch and looking through the health app on their iphone.
    When I looked into the steps, I could see that there was steps from both the iPhone and watch mixed in together.
    Does anyone know how this works, when does it decide to take steps from the watch or the phone?
    Don't get me wrong, nothing was duplicated, however a lot of the steps from both the iPhone and the watch were around the same time.
    Do the steps from the iPhone also sync over to the activity app on the watch?

2. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

That's very interesting. You're right, I looked at the Health app and the steps were sometimes from my watch and sometimes from my phone, often just minutes apart. Not sure how it decides where to pull from. Regarding your second question I would assume the steps from the iPhone also sync over to the activity app as the total numbers of steps are the same, but the activity app (neither on the phone or on the watch) shows you the source of the data like the Health app does.

3. stoomc thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, so they're both the same. That's good to know, thanks.