stereo bluetooth (A2DP) is awesome!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jun 10, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9236285

I just picked up a set of these today and they rock, they work great with my 3.0 iPhone 3G, and with my macbook, the controls don't work with the iphone, but they do on my macbook, I think its because the headphones are bluetooth 2.1 and the 3G is 2.0. but if your looking for a good set to try out stereo bluetooth these work.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'll wait for Apple to bring on the BT earbuds with mic/iPod controls.

3. The General macrumors 601

Every experience I've had with it has been really terrible. Worst audio quality ever.

4. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes some things do sound a little bit off, but I willing to trade that to cut the cord, but I think it depends on what headset your using, I've heard bad things about Motorola stuff, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

5. slapppy macrumors 65816

I can't wait for this with iPod controls. Finally work outs without cords getting in the way. :)

6. LEGALROMA macrumors member

We are getting new hardware indirectly because of 3.0 just wait................

7. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I still think it's BS that we can't use the controls on the headset to navigate through songs.

8. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

yep...the audio quality is very bad. I use bluetooth in my car via a kenwood head unit. handsfree is fine..but the quality isnt there for music.
    not sure if their bluetooth implementation is crappy or what...but its really NOT decent at all. It distorts as if the volume is too loud..also works pretty poorly for tethering. I used to tether and a2dp with my LG enV and it sounded perfect..and tethering speed was as fast as usb.
    hopefully they fix the bluetooth in the new phone..

side note..the ipod touch 2nd gen has even worse bluetooth audio..horrible.

9. LEGALROMA macrumors member

Maybe because it was 1 channel?

Were you aware that it was not stereo?

10. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

it was using stereo..i have used a2dp with other phones..and this was using a2dp via 3.0.
    i have been using 3.0 since beta 3..on my touch and iphone.

11. LEGALROMA macrumors member

maybe wait then for final version. I use an adaptor and it sounds better then hard wired to remote speakers.

Cars are alot different, there is alot of interference........