Stereo Bluetooth Confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blue2noise, Aug 21, 2011.

1. blue2noise macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I've done a bunch of searches but it's been hard to find a specific answer to thhis question.

I'd like to get a high quality set of bluetooth earbuds or in ear stereo headset. It seems like a lot of them only support pause/play control from the headphones. Are there any out there that allow you to use the iOS voice control at the hold of a button, along with track skipping and volume control?

Is the bluetooth technology even there yet?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I have a nice Plantronics headset that doesn't support these features and I don't want to spend money on a high quality stereo headset only to find the controls are limited and I have to keep pulling the phone from my pocket, which defeats the purpose.

Thanks!

2. homerjmason macrumors newbie

not sure on the voice control but there volume and track skip is available on many headsets and works well.

hope this helps

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have two of the sony bluetooth headphone adapters. they just let you plug in a normal set of earphones. this way I could use whatever earbuds I wanted. but both only worked for phone calls for a couple of days. then they either don't ring through the headphones or ring but talking is glitchy.
    http://www.amazon.com/SONY-BLUETOOTH-RECEIV-TRANSM-RECHARGE/dp/B0018ZAGN2