Stereo Bluetooth Delay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ScootPatoot, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #1
    I'm running the 3.0 GM and when I'm listening to my music there is a delay of 2-3 seconds between the device and my Bluetooth. For example, when I click to go to the next song, on the device it changes instantly and the counter starts for the next song, but on my bluetooth it takes about 2-3 seconds for it to change.

    I know this sounds pretty petty but it is very noticeable when I'm playing a game. When I play Real Soccer 09 I can't even wear the bluetooth because the sound does not match what is going on on the field.

    This happens about 90% of the time. The other 10% the sound is on point. Anyone else notice this issue/bug?
     
  2. JReynolds macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Location:
    Where the Air Force sends me
    #2
    What headset are you using?
     
  3. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
  4. marra2 macrumors regular

    marra2

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2008
    Location:
    york england
    #4
    I use a motorola s9 and its also delayed so you cant watch/listen to a movie cos the talking is out of sync :(
     
  5. magnum0pus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #5
    Audio delay is a common issue with bluetooth connections. It's essentially a limitation of the connection, it takes a bit for the data to reach the headset. Although 2-3 seconds does seem a bit long.
     
  6. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #6
    Well I've been using a A2DP dongle pre 3.0 and there was no delay at all. Seems like a device limitation to me.
     
  7. mgamber macrumors 6502a

    mgamber

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Location:
    1966
    #7
    Yeah, likewise, I have two dongles and both work perfectly. I sure hope Apple didn't half-ass bluetooth again.
     
  8. elbirth macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    Location:
    North Carolina, US
    #8
    Fwiw, I get a delay while listening to music over Bluetooth on my car's audio system. Sort of annoying, but at least it's not that big of a deal for just audio. Would like to get it "fixed" if possible though
     
  9. The Highlander macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2009
    #9
    Any updates to this? the delay is annoying. I would have thought that the player would have some sort of sync that you could adjust to your liking.
     
  10. daihard macrumors 6502a

    daihard

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #10
    As far as I know, that is the limitation of Bluetooth, not Apple's fault. Some people may disagree, but that is my understanding.

    You can often get around it by pausing the song/video, turning off your Bluetooth device, and then turning it back on. That will get rid of the delay most of the time, if not always.
     
  11. bearheart macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    #11
    Those workarounds do NOT work on the iPhone platform.

    I can watch a movie via bluetooth without issue on my Mac. Same headset on iPhone or iPod Touch the sound is out of sync with the video to a degree that is unwatchable. Everyone is having this problem.

    Obviously Apple knows how to make this work. That they would do it so badly on the iPhone platform is inexcusable.

    --B
     

Share This Page