Stereo Bluetooth Delay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ScootPatoot, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

I'm running the 3.0 GM and when I'm listening to my music there is a delay of 2-3 seconds between the device and my Bluetooth. For example, when I click to go to the next song, on the device it changes instantly and the counter starts for the next song, but on my bluetooth it takes about 2-3 seconds for it to change.

I know this sounds pretty petty but it is very noticeable when I'm playing a game. When I play Real Soccer 09 I can't even wear the bluetooth because the sound does not match what is going on on the field.

This happens about 90% of the time. The other 10% the sound is on point. Anyone else notice this issue/bug?

2. JReynolds macrumors 6502

What headset are you using?

3. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

4. marra2 macrumors regular

marra2

I use a motorola s9 and its also delayed so you cant watch/listen to a movie cos the talking is out of sync :(

5. magnum0pus macrumors newbie

Audio delay is a common issue with bluetooth connections. It's essentially a limitation of the connection, it takes a bit for the data to reach the headset. Although 2-3 seconds does seem a bit long.

6. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

Well I've been using a A2DP dongle pre 3.0 and there was no delay at all. Seems like a device limitation to me.

7. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Yeah, likewise, I have two dongles and both work perfectly. I sure hope Apple didn't half-ass bluetooth again.

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

Fwiw, I get a delay while listening to music over Bluetooth on my car's audio system. Sort of annoying, but at least it's not that big of a deal for just audio. Would like to get it "fixed" if possible though

9. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Any updates to this? the delay is annoying. I would have thought that the player would have some sort of sync that you could adjust to your liking.

10. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

As far as I know, that is the limitation of Bluetooth, not Apple's fault. Some people may disagree, but that is my understanding.

You can often get around it by pausing the song/video, turning off your Bluetooth device, and then turning it back on. That will get rid of the delay most of the time, if not always.

11. bearheart macrumors newbie

Those workarounds do NOT work on the iPhone platform.

I can watch a movie via bluetooth without issue on my Mac. Same headset on iPhone or iPod Touch the sound is out of sync with the video to a degree that is unwatchable. Everyone is having this problem.

Obviously Apple knows how to make this work. That they would do it so badly on the iPhone platform is inexcusable.

--B