Stereo Connection/Ipod Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iglio, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

So I have a blackbook and I connect it via headphone jack to a ipod hi-fi (mmmmmmmm ipod hi fi) lol. So here is my problem, as I just mentioned I use a headphone jack type chord (it is like normal headphones except instead of where the headphones would be there is just another jack). So whenever some sort of sound isn't playing I will get a staticy noise but not all the time, it kinda sounds like a speaker is blowing out but a speaker is NOT blowing out. I am looking to invest in a better way to connect my laptop to my ipod hi fi or at least a way to stop the noise that i mentioned every now and then. :apple:

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

New cable. Go to GuitarCenter they will offer a variety of connections and options. The best solution would be to get a cheap USB sound card that would support something besides the 3.5mm TRS jack, say ilke Audio R/L or just a 3.5mm TRS to Audio R/L cable.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

Is your iPhone right next to the speakers?

if so the noise you're hearing may be GSM buzz. is it kindof a clicking buzzing sound?

try putting the phone on the other side of the room or turning it off for a few minutes, and see if it clears up.
    although i've had my phone buzz speakers on the other side of the room (but only if the signal cable wasn't pluggeg in)

if that clears it up, look into a ferrite choke, it's those cylinders at the end of most computer cables.
    You'll want to put it at the end of the audio cable closest to the hi-fi.

you can get them at radio shack which should be close to you, and they're only a few dollars.