Stereo Pair...

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by southflguy, Feb 10, 2018.

1. southflguy macrumors regular

I am running a developer beta on my iPhone and noticed this in the Home, HomePod details. Creating the stereo pair. It doesn't actually do anything yet.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018 ---
    Actually just realized it DOES work. I had to put them in the same room in HomeKit and then it created the stereo pair.

Attached Files:

2. Mhotep macrumors member

Mhotep

3. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

Apple stated this feature is coming in an update later this year. So it’s probbaly in the beta 11.3 coming in the spring.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

It’s in the beta but I’m not able to update th HomePod software

5. southflguy thread starter macrumors regular

Crap I spoke too soon. I can group them but still needs HomePod update.

Attached Files:

6. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Apple have probably put it into the beta software ready for when it launches later this year, employees are probably testing it at the moment. I think multi-room will be great as well.

7. Phil77354 macrumors regular

Phil77354

Somewhere in one of the articles on HomePod I have read that when AirPlay 2 is released, the 'stereo' functionality will not be what we've traditionally considered to be stereo, i.e. left and right speakers. I'll be interested to see how this actually is implemented for the HomePod and how it compares with traditional stereo speakers. It makes sense that the HomePod would do this differently since the speakers can be relocated often and are already programmed to re-evaluate their setup anytime they are moved. But for someone wanting to, for example, put stereo speakers on either side of a television and then get the expected sound effects from side to side, I wonder if the HomePod will be suitable for that.