stereo speaker volume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

2. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

Wayyyyy louder, frankly I don't care about the stereo at all. I like that if I accidentally cover the bottom of the phone with my hand I can still hear it. Also I can actually hear people in loud areas when on a phone call because the earpiece goes much louder now since it's a full speaker.

3. devloncowart macrumors newbie

Its way louder, and sounds different. I can't explain what different means, just different

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I tried one in BB today. Just ordered mine online an hour ago.

It sounded very good and loud. There was a lot of noise in the store and still could hear the movie..

I think different is the stereo effect.

On my 6s+ in a quiet environment and volume fully up I do not hear some quieter scenes well.

Think I will like the dual speakers.

5. redhot47fla macrumors newbie

I just did a side by side test: Identical track on a just-delivered iPhone7 vs soon-to-be-sold iPhone6: I find the volume to be about the same, certainly not drastically different between the two. But...the sound quality is considerably better on the iPhone7. Hard to put your finger on it, but a cleaner, crisper sound - probably the result of the stereo speakers.

6. sfditty macrumors regular

Can you detect any distortion due to the fact that one is front facing and one is side facing. I would think they could account for that by tweaking the relative volumes and the firing direction of the ear peace speaker, but have't read anything to that effect.

7. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

The sound is infinitely better. Louder too. But it sounds so much better hearing it come out of two separate speakers. In stereo. And it seems like they implemented the varying directions of the two speakers very well. The both sound as if they are firing forward.

8. redhot47fla macrumors newbie

I'm not picking up any distortion. FWIW, I finally just got around to trying it with the new included ear buds and I'm really impressed. Terrific audio quality and extremely distinct stereo separation.

9. Lakailb87 macrumors regular

The speakers have to be my favorite new thing about the phone.. they are miles better than the one on my 6.

10. vitog123 macrumors 6502

Funny to see people excited about "stereo" speakers like this is the 1980's. lol :)

11. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Had a 6+, went to 7+ its way louder, to the point where it almost was too loud. Not a bad thing, but yeah its much improved!