Sterling - budget planning has simply been rethought

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by springsup, Feb 14, 2013.

1. springsup, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

springsup macrumors 6502a

springsup

Hey everybody!

I'd like to let you know about a new app called Sterling.

Sterling is a different sort of budget planner. If you've ever looked for a personal finance app, you'll know that they all follow the same basic template: accounts, transactions, categories, etc. They're 'bank statement'-format; they want you to enter everything from your bank account (hence the accounts and account balances), but what do you get out of it? Your bank statement. Great. This is 2013; we have online banking. Nobody needs those bank statement type apps, and yet basically every finance app works like that.

Sterling is a whole new thing. It's not like those account-tracker apps. It's a budget planner.

That means it doesn't track your accounts; it helps you plan your budgets.

4    - 1 - WIF-animation.png 4    - 2 - Keyboard.png 4    - 3 - Student-budget.png

Check out the website for more info, or hit up the iTunes store directly and check it out some more.

www.springsup.com

iTunes Store

I've spent a lot of time on this app, and I'd love to hear what you think about the concept.

When you approach things really differently to what's out there, you know you're either doing something really good, or really foolhardy.

2. springsup thread starter macrumors 6502a

springsup

3. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

This is crazy - I was thinking exactly this the other day (well not exactly this, but how all finance apps are so same-ish).

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted. I like it. The sheet system works well and I like that if you flick really fast you can scroll freely.

One thing I'd like is just more features - the app right now is good but there should be more of it.

4. springsup thread starter macrumors 6502a

springsup

Thanks. The goal is to keep the app simple; if there's anything specific with your budget that you can't do with this app, let me know and I'll see about adding it.

That said, I do have ideas for some really cool additional features for the future. Stay tuned.

5. springsup thread starter macrumors 6502a

springsup

Hey!

A quick shout out to let everybody know that Sterling has had its first update.

We've added a help button to give you some tips on getting the most out of Sterling.

We've added iPhone 5 screenshots to the iTunes Store page - only 1 was showing up before, which didn't really help you get an idea of what Sterling is like.

Take a peek at the iTunes store and let me know what you think!

6. springsup thread starter macrumors 6502a

springsup

Another update to let you know that the 1.1 update just landed on the AppStore.

It's a really good update - we've spent time on some really swell refinements.

Give it a try and let us know what you think - you can get in touch with us easily on these forums or from within the app itself.

Sterling is a new concept for budget planning on the iPhone. We think it beats every other finance app by miles not just because of how good it looks, because of how it works.

7. chrismaster124 macrumors newbie

Sterling - budget planning has simply been rethought

looking like good this app. and can we download this app only in iphone or can we download in other phone ?? and this a paid app or free app

Locksmith Sterling VA

8. springsup thread starter macrumors 6502a

springsup

Hi,

I'm glad you like Sterling; it's a paid, iPhone-exclusive App.

We're preparing a really incredible update that should hit the AppStore within the next couple of weeks. Our current UI is already quite iOS7-y, but this update is going to take it further, make everything faster and smoother, and add our gorgeous fully-animated charts to help you 'zoom out' and get an overview of your financial projections.