Steve Ballmer on Apple iPhone and Windows Phone 7 UK Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChaosAngel, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ChaosAngel macrumors member

Yesterday I attended a Microsoft Conference on Cloud Development in London. The main attraction at the event was that Steve Ballmer gave the introduction keynote and answered questions from the audience.

I managed to grab a couple of good videos of Steve talking specifically about the iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7. He also annouced the Windows Phone 7 lauch date for the UK.

I have done my best to post a summary (including videos of Steve) on my blog:

http://bit.ly/aP91zD

I have to say my overall reaction of Steve was surprisingly positive. He also praised Apple multiple times on the iPhone. Although I have to say he was less impressed with the iPad and Google Android.

Thought I would share with you all. Let me know your thoughts. :)

2. Absolem macrumors regular

thanks, very interesting. Windows phone 7 is looking to be better than I original thought from initial previews. Only reason iphone continues to win is hardware and app support that they got a huge jump on by creating the big demand.

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I personally do not think the Microsoft Slate by HP and MS will ignite a fire, also I do not think that Windows Mobile 7 will do too much either, they are like a year late in producing this technology. I used to work for the DOD and they were going from all Blackberry's to iPhone's now, and a lot of company's are moving to iPhone's or BB, so MS is a little too late I think.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

In the fiercely competitive smartphone environment, how Windows Phone 7 fares, will be the single most interesting story to follow.

Far too late to the party, if they pull it off and are even remotely relevant, it will be quite an accomplishment.

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually looking forward to Windows Phone 7, as it looks promising. I hope it actually catches on and doesn't became like how webOS did.