Steve Job's apple email

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by youngsunnz, Oct 23, 2011.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

So what happens to his Apple e-mail? Who'll be checking it and also will it be an expired account now?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm sure the company has terminated the account, or soon will.

3. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Would we get an error message bounced back at us if we emailed it and it was terminated already?

4. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

You'll get that e-mail where it says it couldn't be sent or whatever. It'll be interesting. I would be surprised if they terminated the owners and founders e-mail. But again if they don't who looks at the e-mails? I can't imagine how many e-mails he's received already

5. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

they'll set up a redirect that points to somebody else's account. I doubt very much that his account would be deleted and the mail allowed to go into a black hole.

6. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Well you have to wonder if the address was removed from company-wide email lists(if it was ever registered).... would be odd to get an email invitation to you own memorial service, though it did happen to my former co-worker after he was killed. Boss sent an email to everyone at the office(used CC instead of BCC or an email list...) so the guy essentially received an invitation to his own funeral. I guess it's always safe to assume that the person who died will be at the funeral.

7. n8236 macrumors 65816

More than likely it will be redirected to one of Tim Cook's alt mailboxes.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I am sure it will be disabled for privacy concerns ... his family would request that no doubt.

Nobody at Apple has the right to read any of it as some could be personal. :apple:

9. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Why would anyone email a dead person? Do they somehow think it will 'get through'?