Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Hey guys, after watching his interview at the All Things Digital conference, I am again awed by how he handles controversy and confrontation about his business. I'd really like to learn more about him and his thought process on business, life, etc. - what have you found to be the best books or other resources with this sort of content?

I'm looking to avoid opinion articles as much as possible, and cut straight to the meat. How does Steve Jobs think, and why?

Thanks in advance, guys!

TheBonk

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2007
Chicago
The best book for that is Inside Steve's Brain. It just gets you into how Steve Jobs thinks (or how he might think, since it's not an autobiography). The book really opens your eyes up to why Apple is run the way it's run.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
The best book for that is Inside Steve's Brain. It just gets you into how Steve Jobs thinks (or how he might think, since it's not an autobiography). The book really opens your eyes up to why Apple is run the way it's run.

Would you say that has the most references to what Steve has actually said? I'll definitely check it out, though I'm curious about finding a culmination of everything Steve has written/said, too.

TheBonk

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2007
Chicago
There's quite a few references to what Steve has actually said. I'm not sure how much though, it's been a while since I read it. The book is more about analyzing Steve's personality and actions, than it is about actual references.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.