Steve Jobs - Best Books about him?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ahheck01, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, after watching his interview at the All Things Digital conference, I am again awed by how he handles controversy and confrontation about his business. I'd really like to learn more about him and his thought process on business, life, etc. - what have you found to be the best books or other resources with this sort of content?

I'm looking to avoid opinion articles as much as possible, and cut straight to the meat. How does Steve Jobs think, and why?

Thanks in advance, guys!

2. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

The best book for that is Inside Steve's Brain. It just gets you into how Steve Jobs thinks (or how he might think, since it's not an autobiography). The book really opens your eyes up to why Apple is run the way it's run.

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would you say that has the most references to what Steve has actually said? I'll definitely check it out, though I'm curious about finding a culmination of everything Steve has written/said, too.

4. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

There's quite a few references to what Steve has actually said. I'm not sure how much though, it's been a while since I read it. The book is more about analyzing Steve's personality and actions, than it is about actual references.

5. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

iCon is quite good as well as The Second Coming of Steve Jobs.