Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Being a genius is not an excuse for being an *******. (See: Bobby Fischer)

Haha all kidding aside I wish allot more people understood this. Nothing gives you the right to be arrogant and/or to treat others like ****. You can do it but never try and justify it with accomplishments, etc. and prepared to eat allot of flak...

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
When you're THAT good, you get to say things like that.

It's earned. Not everyone gets the privilege.

If it was anyone else, you'd pop them in the mouth. But with someone like him, you just walk back to your desk with your world shaken.

JackRoch

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Haha all kidding aside I wish allot more people understood this. Nothing gives you the right to be arrogant and/or to treat others like ****. You can do it but never try and justify it with accomplishments, etc. and prepared to eat allot of flak...

Well said.

jh215

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

How do we know that the quote isn't being taken out of context?

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
When you're THAT good, you get to say things like that.

It's earned. Not everyone gets the privilege.

If it was anyone else, you'd pop them in the mouth. But with someone like him, you just walk back to your desk with your world shaken.
Maybe thats what a loyal disciple would do, but there is nothing that gives you the "privilege" of acting like an *******.

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Looks like Steve has some mental problems as well. Seriously, all the other guy did was introducing himself? :eek:

Exactly. Hearing about Steve Jobs' nearly sociopathic interpersonal business skills does not make me want to rush out and buy Apple products. I'm sure I will again buy Apple products, but it will be despite Steve Jobs, not because of him.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
If you think that is how the meeting and context went down then you believe everything you read.

Indeed we have one side of the story. Keep in mind too, the guy was in the process of losing 135 million dollars for a company Steve is the largest individual share holder of.

And it was a really bad idea. Worse then even the iPod phone, and tha is hard to do.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Exactly. Hearing about Steve Jobs' nearly sociopathic interpersonal business skills does not make me want to rush out and buy Apple products. I'm sure I will again buy Apple products, but it will be despite Steve Jobs, not because of him.

Genius and madness . . . sometimes it's a blurry line. But often one does not exist without the other.

Indeed we have one side of the story. Keep in mind too, the guy was in the process of losing 135 million dollars for a company Steve is the largest individual share holder of.

And it was a really bad idea. Worse then even the iPod phone, and tha is hard to do.

Good point.

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

They say you shoul never meet your heroes. I can safely say that I will definitely be taking that advice when it comes to Steve Jobs.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I appreciate his honesty, too many people just try to be nice and polite to everyone just to stay in their good books. I rather be told when I'm being stupid than lead to believe it's a good idea.

In fact, what I took from this story, is that I should start being more honest too.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I appreciate his honesty, too many people just try to be nice and polite to everyone just to stay in their good books. I rather be told when I'm being stupid than lead to believe it's a good idea.

In fact, what I took from this story, is that I should start being more honest too.

Cool ok I will start then. Your comment was stupid(Or... I think your comment is bad).... of course its good to be honest to people... but you don't have to say things in an offensive way to be honest...

You could just say... "I think your phone is a bad idea that will lose you money"

Doesn't need to be offensive to be an honest statement

westgorge

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
If he were smart......

He would have taken the time to ask Steve "why".....and, if he didn't know, then he shouldn't have been in the position he was in. You hire people to make smart decisions with minimal risk. And, everyone above you better understand what decisions you are making and why you are making them. If I have Steve Jobs telling me that the product I am (already) selling is a bad idea.....I better find out what I need to do to recover. I don't care if you are selling lemonaide or theme parks. The theory is the same. Although, I don't think I want Steve Jobs showing up at a little kids lemonaide stand telling them that it's the worst effing drink he's ever had! :eek::apple::p

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
ha ha :D I have to agree what would a Board of directors even discuss thats of relevance to jobs lol, Hannah Montana merchandise ha ha XD LOL

In regard to Steve's poor attendance: it is important for a Board of Directors to provide oversight of a firm's management. If Steve doesn't want to perform the duties of the job he should resign.

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
I'd be happy for the honesty, but would be totally miffed about the lack of "hello" back.

If indeed the conversation really happened like that.

Meriana

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2009
I wonder did Steve Jobs have a iphone prototype at that moment in one of his pockets?

That was Steve Jobs way of warning them that there was soon to be a revolutionary mobile phone from Apple and no one would wan't their stupid phone anymore after they introduced it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.