Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

jobs.jpg

Apple's website announces the sad news that Apple co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs has passed away. Jobs was 56 years old, and had been struggling with complications related to pancreatic cancer over the past several years. Apple leaves the following message on their website in tribute to Jobs:
Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences, please email rememberingsteve@apple.com
Steve Jobs narrated this unaired version of Apple's famous Think Different ad in 1997:

Apple's board of directors released this statement:
We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.
From Robert Scoble: "Flags half staff at Apple headquarters. Sad day in Cupertino."

11-1.jpg

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Steve Jobs Has Passed Away

Last edited:

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn. Just damn.

Reactions: Sirious

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
Statement from Apple's Board of Directors:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/statement-by-apples-board-of-directors-2011-10-05

CUPERTINO, Calif., Oct 05, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

SOURCE: Apple

Apple
Katie Cotton, 408-974-7269
katiec@apple.com
Steve Dowling, 408-974-1896
dowling@apple.com

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
No wonder Tim and Phil looked horrible yesterday. I'm sure they knew then.

Imagine having to get up on stage and present knowing that your best friend and founder of the company was on his deathbed.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Thank you Steve, you made this world a better place. We will remember you always. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

LeakedDave

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Steve Jobs changed the computer industry, the phone industry, everything. He's touched all of our lives. I just want to say, congratulations to you Steve, to a life well lived.

I almost sensed something wrong during the keynote yesterday.

Too soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.