Steve Jobs' health

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by alejannb, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alejannb macrumors newbie

Hi.
    Does anyone know how Steve is doing with his health? I think this is an important matter since he has been the brain and the genious behind Apple's success and because of him we are in this forum discussing today and enjoying our Apple products. Definitely, Steve has brought the technology revolution upon us and somehow, he has improved our lives, at least from my part. Does anyone know something??

2. simsaladimbamba

No, or it would be front news here and other Apple related rumour sites.

Btw, why did you use that "strange" font and colour?

3. alejannb thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the color and font were just to see how they looked, nothing special. My point is that I'm concerned because nobody say anything about Steve's health. Hopefully he gets better soon.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If there were news, don't you think it would be all over the web? :rolleyes:

5. simsaladimbamba

Just like in 2009, when SJ took a leave of absence and nothing has been reported in between.
    He is just a normal being like you and me, though he has accomplished a lot of material and technological success, but he still has a right for privacy.

Though I like your use of "Impact", but I am partial to Comic Sans, the BESTEST font ever.

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apparently, he's well enough to call Rupert Murdoch about The Daily app last week.

7. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Not sure, he asked me to respect his privacy and that's what I'm doing. ;)

8. alejannb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, It might be.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well I would think the details of his health are a private matter.

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

11. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

The man is indeed a genius, but there are a LOT of people behind the innovation/quality/success of Apple, not just him. Many people have helped build the company.

Health wise, I would pray for him as the man has had many health issues and when you have liver problems to the degree he has had (and cancer), ANY health problem is a major health issue, especially because transplantees almost always have to take immunosuppressants for the rest of their lives. To be honest, for the sake of his well being and the mental well being of his family, I hope he either retires or takes a less stressful position, as age and health are not working in his favor. There comes a point in which you sometimes have to push the people you love to do what is in their own best interest, even if they themselves resist it; and this can be one of the hardest things a spouse/child/other relative may ever do in their entire life. Like many people, his career/company is one of his children and a (possibly the) perceived socio-cultural status-defining part of your life. But in terms of debating if his medical issue is 'serious' or not, as people have in many techie articles, I can tell you that it is surely serious and it is time to think of 'Steve Jobs the family man who helped build Apple to its current level of success', instead of 'Steve Jobs who created/built Apple and the world ends if he leaves'. The latter only places more stress on him to return, even if it is not (which is probably isn't) in his best interest from a medical/psychological perspective.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

thank god for your wisdom and the ability to share it with the world, or at least MacRumors

13. alejannb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah... interesting thoughts, I hadn´t seen it that way, you are very right, his health and family are first than anything. I will pray for him too.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And we'll pray for you and your font/color selection when posting :p

15. alejannb thread starter macrumors newbie

Je je je... okay... I won't do it again.... :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.