Steve Jobs Health

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

He looked shockingly thin in the June 2 YouTube video during the D8 conference. I wonder if something is going on with him. Hope he is okay.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I think he looked fine; and in fact, I think he looked a lot better than he did, say a year ago.

He went through a lot back then — but hey, he knows that he's lost a lot of weight, and he's working on it. There's a great interview he had with David Pogue last fall where he acknowledged the concerns about his health.

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I think he looked worse than he did during the iPad keynote.

The thing that struck me most however was the weakness in his voice.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I have to agree if I'm honest ... this topic has already been discussed and commented on in the main MacRumors section, in the thread regarding the D8 video clips.

6. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Actually it's not. :rolleyes: He is the "creator" of the iPhone, and Apple CEO, and if he dies of his illness, the entire vision behind iPhone will fall into somebody else's hands, and that can be quite different. :rolleyes:

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, no one else at Apple has their hands in important projects. :rolleyes:

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No it isn't. Don't ya know when Jobs' dies so do all of the iPhones?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

He's a visionary, yes, he's maniacal about details, yes. Tim Cook handled and extended apple's business when Steve was on medical leave - yes. While Apple will be affected by any absence by Steve, clearly they have a leadership setup so they don't solely rely on one man.

As for Steve, how sure are we that he was the sole creator of the iPhone, iPad, and all things apple? I'm not so sure. Take the original Macintosh. He didn't create that, it was already under development when he took over that team and brought it into a different (and successful) direction. My point is apple is not relying on him to brainstorm and produce all of its products. They have a lot of smart people able to continue on, if any unforeseen even occurs.

10. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I wonder how much does he weigh?

If Bill Gates ever wanted to beat up Steve, this is your chance Bill.