Steve Jobs simillar to Bruce Wayne

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Obi-Wan Kubrick, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Obi-Wan Kubrick macrumors regular

If you think about how after Jobs returned to Apple and started wearing the same outfit every day he became more than just a man. He became a legend.

Every time I hear that quote from Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins I think of Job's. No joke. I mean who else wear's the same outfit every time they are seen in public besides super heroes?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

For one, Woody Allan always wore essentially the same outfits - stating he had more important things to do than pick out clothes every day. I believe Albert Einstein did something similar. (Not absolutely sure about Einstein)

There were others who did the same-clothes-every-day thing. None, I can say with some assurance, were Batamn. :rolleyes:;)

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If it doesn't become a personal hygiene issue, I could actually not care any less what people wear.

As long as some of them are covered, I'm good.

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

So, I guess my psychology professor from college was Bruce Wayne. He wore the same thing every day: blue button up dress shirt and khakis. He always said he had more important things to think about than what he was going to wear to work every day.

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

There are lots of people who could be batman if that's all it take. You're forgetting that Batman used his vast personal wealth to help people.

6. Obi-Wan Kubrick thread starter macrumors regular

You're missing the point. Through his act of wearing the same outfit whenever we see him he becomes a symbol or living legend the way Batman does.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No, his clothes become a symbol of him. When I see people wearing a Jobs-esque outfit I think of him, but that doesn't mean he is a symbol. Seeing him doesn't inspire any emotional response.

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Homer Simpson?

10. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Someone remind me what quote is being refered to.