steve jobs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shiunn, Oct 14, 2008.

1. shiunn macrumors 6502

I've just watched the mac event presentation (two hours or so after watching the macbook designing movie). somehow, the presentation lacked the...punch, flare, than other keynote presentations by steve. But that may just be due to the order I watch the clips. The design clip was impressive though.

also, personally, thin steve doesn't look as sharp, and more script mistakes? anyone share my view?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

um, what was there that was going to get people riled up? You can tell he played to how the crowd reacted, as evident by his long pauses at the beginning for the applause that never was.

3. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

um.. I recall getting really excited watching his previous presentations. But I guess you do have a point.
    oh, talking about the crowd. He wasn't particulary patient when waiting for the unibody enclosure to be passed along the rows. Perhaps, even a little agitated at the slowness.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yea but that was because the only ones in the crowd were bloggers, and damn near everyone (most were from giz) in the backrow took it, held it, fondled it, spooned it, then took a picture with it. It was a good 3 minute pause.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Jobs is known for many things, patients certainly not being one of them.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Steve's presentations are very different when presenting to the press (today's) where he doesn't get any crowd feedback and when he's preaching to the choir like at MW or the WWDC.

7. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Also note that a large portion of the presentation was given by people other than Jobs who may or may not have the same punch that he has/had.

8. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Jobs was speaking to press members and whatnot, not the crowd of Mac enthusiasts found at MacWorld. The press simply isn't as enthusiastic as fans are.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Other than the giz guys..... ;)

10. redmeister macrumors 6502

ya this is a smaller presentation, more "intimate" less people, less flare

plus i just think the overall attitude was mellow just bc everything leaked beforehand and once things got started you could tell that everything you'd already seen was true

11. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Well, this wasn't a typical presentation by him, it seemed like one of the smallest crowds that I have ever seen at one of their product unveilings. From my view though, this presentation did seem much more professional, and I liked it more than past ones. The crowd didn't seem as into it though, but fo some reason, I was expecting that.

12. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Is it just me or is other people having trouble viewing it? The sound is all out of sync etc

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I thought it was kinda average for a press event, I think Steve looks a bit better now, but could put on a bit more weight.