Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phormic

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
Remember last time when The Enquirer leaked pics, everybody was screaming "Fake! Not him!" and then it turned out to be true.

What turned out to be true? The fact that six months ago they said he had six weeks to live?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Look at the higher res photo.

I don't think he looks much different than last time he was on stage. He was just as frail.

What I am kinda trying to say is the picture, although shocking, is not that far off from how we already saw him. Its not THAT bad :(

Imagine him in the sweater and pants... same overall figure.

Why wouldn't a man be helping him?

And the most shocking element is the paleness but I dunno...

Its a rude picture...

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
It's very hard to see on the online photos but in the print edition (on the front page of one of the two major Sunday papers here in Sydney, Australia) it's clear (if you look closely) that he is wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts.

The overlap of the tshirt over the shorts is visible in the printed photo. I think it's the lower contrast with on-screen viewing that makes it hard to see.

The 'dress' effect is because he is so skinny the fabric is hanging in a way it usually wouldn't on a healthy person combined with the two garmets being the same colour.

I adjusted sharpness and exposure in Preview. You can clearly see the shirt/shorts demarcation.

Look at the higher res photo. I don't think he looks much different than last time he was on stage. He was just as frail.

Agreed.

Attachments

• 571672-steve-jobs.jpg
    571672-steve-jobs.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4,864

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
I believe that the reason everybody is so obsessed about the appearance of Steve Jobs, beyond his contribution to Apple, is that it's rare to see noted personalities in the final stages of life-threatening debilitating diseases. In some ways, we view Jobs and the Apple machine as being very secretive about his health concerns. However, Jobs has also been extremely public with his condition in the sense that we've seen him on stage over the last few years and watched him slowly deteriorate. Most other 'celebrities' that start dying of cancer tend not to spend much time in the public eye. When they do, it might be for a final appearance, kind of like Dennis Hopper when he accepted his Hollywood 'Walk of Fame' star. I don't find this picture of Jobs particularly shocking, but it does make me immensely sad. Like many of us, I have had close family members die of cancer and we've been struggling with the more recent news that my father has cancer. It is perhaps because of these experiences that I feel so terrible when I hear (or see) of anyone else (and their families) going through such a horrible time.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
A couple of new pics have been released today by the same agency...SJ leaving a car and stepping into a wheelchair...extremely sad to see that, as he definitely looks like someone who won't be on this Earth for longer than a few weeks or months - I just can't understand why he is unable to gain any weight at this point.

A great visionary, a great businessman - may SJ find peace with family and loved ones, and forgiveness and compassion under God...despite your past mistakes, there is no one in this world who shouldn't pity you for what you suffer now...thank you again, SJ..!

cewillm

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
I just can't understand why he is unable to gain any weight at this point.

Late-stage cancer patients can't gain weight. He's wasting, and it involves terrible nausea, a lack of any desire to eat, and a shocking loss of muscle tissue (he's not strong enough to stand on his own anymore -- hence the hospice worker and wheelchair).

It's pretty terrible stuff. :(

ehoui

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Late-stage cancer patients can't gain weight. He's wasting, and it involves terrible nausea, a lack of any desire to eat, and a shocking loss of muscle tissue (he's not strong enough to stand on his own anymore -- hence the hospice worker and wheelchair).

It's pretty terrible stuff. :(

SPOILER ALERT!

Did you notice the black skirt?

anikgol

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2003
A couple of new pics have been released today by the same agency...SJ leaving a car and stepping into a wheelchair...extremely sad to see that, as he definitely looks like someone who won't be on this Earth for longer than a few weeks or months - I just can't understand why he is unable to gain any weight at this point.

do you have any links to these photos in higher quality. only found small ones on google.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
In this pic, the legs are the biggest giveaway. If he was dressed in his black turtleneck and jeans, he might not look all that different. Zoom in and look at his face only. Aside from needing a shower, shave and comb, he doesn't look very ill (certainly not as ill as his lower body would suggest).

Also, I'd assume he was heavy on his chemo at this point. Its strange that he hasn't lost his hair...

Its called cachexia.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Also, I'd assume he was heavy on his chemo at this point. Its strange that he hasn't lost his hair...

Any kind of cytotoxin will probably take out his transplanted liver. And they will not transplant another one. He might be out of options.

thewireman

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Michigan
What about them?

Attachments

• steve-jobs-not-looking-well-2.jpg
    steve-jobs-not-looking-well-2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,064
  • steve-jobs-not-looking-well-3.jpg
    steve-jobs-not-looking-well-3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 418
  • steve-jobs-not-looking-well-4.jpg
    steve-jobs-not-looking-well-4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 437

bizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
It's the same location so I am going to say it's him and that's his son Reed Paul Jobs.

cewillm

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
In this pic, the legs are the biggest giveaway. If he was dressed in his black turtleneck and jeans, he might not look all that different. Zoom in and look at his face only. Aside from needing a shower, shave and comb, he doesn't look very ill (certainly not as ill as his lower body would suggest).

Its called cachexia.

You're crazy if you think his face doesn't give the impression of being ill. And you would VERY much notice if he got in his turtleneck and jeans and tried to go on stage at this point -- he'd just fall down. I know WWDC was only a couple months ago but a lot can change in a short time for this illness. We seem to be forgetting that Steve was merely a MC at this year's WWDC -- continually passing the mic to other speakers. He was visibly ill then and even more now.

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Don't think pic is real, part of the end of the outfit looks photoshopped. Think this same place had that fake pic of him before getting into a honda civic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.