Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Individual

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2010
A hater? :confused: Seriously?

I can proudly say I’ve never read TMZ or Perez Hilton.

You have never read TMZ yet you just admitted a few posts back to seeing an article on TMZ about Casey Anthony?? Either you have been on the site or you haven't.. there is no "I went quickly to just look at some pictures".. because to do that you would have had to read and skim through the articles to find it..

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
If this what he looks like now i doubt that he will be attending the upcoming keynote.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
You have never read TMZ yet you just admitted a few posts back to seeing an article on TMZ about Casey Anthony?? Either you have been on the site or you haven't.. there is no "I went quickly to just look at some pictures".. because to do that you would have had to read and skim through the articles to find it..

Try to keep up.

Screen shot 2011-08-26 at 5.22.31 PM.png

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
I wonder who the idiot is who rated my posts negative...

Yes, the pictures are out there but this is no excuse in publishing them again...

It wasn't me who rated your post negative, if that's what you're saying. In fact I just rated your posts positively, to counter balance the negative ratings.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I don't know what to say. Really.

If these aren't shopped, then Steve will become an angel very soon. He doesn't have long at all.

However, as Steve is a Buddhist, the path to Nirvana is open. He will either enter, or return to us as an even greater being.

It will be a time for rejoicing.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
HOLD ON EVERYONE. Lets think logically. If this was really Steve Jobs then I highly doubt he would have asked to stay as a member of the Apple Board. If he is really in this condition he would not be working at all.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Wow, can't believe this is the same guy we just watched a few months ago on WWDC. He didn't look his best, but nothing close to this. Poor Steve....hope this isn't real.....

This is exactly what I thought after seeing this picture. Man, that really has to suck....

Lee Adama

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2011
California
I'm pissed at the photographer who invaded Steve's privacy. I'm pissed at TMZ for posting it.

Leave the guy alone. We know he is sick. Ffs what does any body get from seeing this?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
HOLD ON EVERYONE. Lets think logically. If this was really Steve Jobs then I highly doubt he would have asked to stay as a member of the Apple Board. If he is really in this condition he would not be working at all.

I guess you never considered they're using that as an easy route to take to not make the stock hit so bad, no?!?!?! That's my impression

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
My former boss died of complications of Hep-C . He had had a liver transplant but he never really recovered. He went on a good ten years but when the end came it was within months. He went from looking like an everyday person to frightening.

Cancer survivors usually consider themselves having beaten cancer if they die from something else.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
It wasn't me who rated your post negative, if that's what you're saying. In fact I just rated your posts positively, to counter balance the negative ratings.

No, I didn't mean that you did that. I am just amazed at how others post things without even thinking a bit.
These people should imagine the following: Their father has cancer and someone posts a photo of him...How would that feel? Where is our decency?

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus

OK, let's think logically. Being chairman of the board isn't nearly as demanding as being a CEO. His health aside, his greatest asset is his mind so it makes perfect sense that he'd want to stay on in an advisory capacity.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I don't doubt it at all that that's him.

My grandpa had cancer, and there was a point where he became so thin and frail, he was basically unrecognizable. I remember going to see him one day, and I was blown away by how much he'd changed in such a short amount of time.

Its an incredibly sad sickness. Something I wish no one would ever have to suffer from. Unfortunately, that's not the reality. I wish Steve and his family all the best in battling his illness.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I don't doubt it at all that that's him.

My grandpa had cancer, and there was a point where he became so thin and frail, he was basically unrecognizable. I remember going to see him one day, and I was blown away by how much he'd changed in such a short amount of time.

Its an incredibly sad sickness. Something I wish no one would ever have to suffer from. Unfortunately, that's not the reality. I wish Steve and his family all the best in battling his illness.

I'll agree with you there. My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer June 17th and he passed away on July 16th. It was amazing to see what it can do to someone is such a short period of time.

That being said, that picture just looks weird...especially the bottom half.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
This picture is Photoshop peopleeee! Look below his dress! Steve would not be wearing a dress like that! And if this photo is real... Steve will sue who ever took the picture! :D

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I am just amazed at how others post things without even thinking a bit.
These people should imagine the following: Their father has cancer and someone posts a photo of him...How would that feel? Where is our decency?
You are right, the man deserves compassion and to retain his dignity.

However, unfortunately, I'm not surprised at the behavior of many of the highly immature.

They have no class, and no clue.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I think the image shows the real situation; bad enough for him. He loved Apple too much to leave earlier.

It's not fair to shoot and publish or maybe even photoshoped images like this.
Also as a public person, idol or role model: in his situation he deserve his privacy. :(

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Haven't seem this posted anywhere else. Not even 9to5- that hack posts virtually anything.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
It sure seems that the guy on the right is posing for the pics ... who is he? does he work at TMZ?

IMO these pics are not Steve Jobs

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
I guess you never considered they're using that as an easy route to take to not make the stock hit so bad, no?!?!?! That's my impression

I agree unfortunately. It was done to cushion the blow and avoid outright panic selling the moment the news broke. So terribly sad to see that picture, I wish I hadn't clicked through the link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.