Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Haha, that's cool. I like how it isn't a flamebait website and how it is professional. A lot of the features requests are ones that haven't been mentioned often. I know that Apple doesn't listen to it, but there are some good ideas on there. A lot of them are easy to implement (camera has whole screen clickable).

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Wow this is a great website!
I added my wish. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

kdarling

macrumors P6
I'm pretty sure that the Safari cache size thing can't be done, because I believe it only caches to available RAM.

(Writing to flash would be slow, and use up its limited write cycles)

Any jailbroke hackers around that can confirm the flash file system isn't used for cache?

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Nice looking layout. Did you design it yourself? Hats off to whoever did, looks great.

DaZe3

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
out of all those.. i want push notification service.. this is way long over waited.

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
Wow, excellent website. Good work! And some really good suggestions. Let's hope Apple takes it seriously.

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
Agreed, it's well done and it's nice to see a place where these shortcomings can be aired without the usual eye-rolling and sarcasm from the unimaginative and short-sighted that plague this mess of a site.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I bet we won't see Push Notifications until MacWorld.

I can see it now...

Steve Jobs: Welcome! Thanks for coming. We've got a lot of awesome things to talk about this year. First, let's take a look at iPhone sales. We're proud to announce that as of October 2008, we have broken our 1% goal for marketshare!

[applause and people cheering for some reason]

Steve Jobs: But now we're here to make it even better. Here to talk about our new awesome feature, is this guy, head of Push Services, which is a totally new division at Apple. We made a whole division for it, can you believe it?

Some Guy: Thanks Steve. We here at the Push division have been working long and hard to give you these awesome work-arounds for background apps. Because this just doesn't work: [shows image of windows task manager, waits for laughing]

[???]

Some Guy: Uhh... [ahem]... so yeah, yes... Push services. Let me show you how it works. We think this is going to revolutionize the way services work, by taking one huge chunk of code, and machining out the useless bits. We call it... Uniblocking.

[shows factory]

And this is how it's done.

[1 hour later]

Steve?

Steve Jobs: Thanks, some guy. Isn't that amazing? Now, just one more thing.... Push Notifications.... will be online in March! Thanks for coming!

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
^ haha waiting for laughs when showing a pic of task manager. reminds me when Steve was like "and Here is the new desktop for Leopard" and some of the crowd laughs becuase they think its a Vista knock-off. humour at those events has to be very simple and while very smart at the same time.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
A friend just told me about this site... it's got some good points that I never really thought of, but now that I know... I want.

Hehe. Nice site design too and the webapp is very clean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.