Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Hi
Crap chip, otherwise the networking guys would have it sorted - they make real money from selling distributed video editing workstation solutions...

Right so it is all apples fault for putting on a crappy chip. Why on earth did they do that!?!? That is stupid! Not that I can benefit from it or anything, but I sure can see where these i7 machines would benefit clientele for video productions and whatnot.

PaulD-UK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
...it is all apples fault for putting on a crappy chip. Why on earth did they do that!?!? That is stupid!
Hi
Obviously the Broadcom 5764 chip is cheaper than the jumbo-capable ones, but they didn't fit it in the new Mac Mini. But Apple know they sell a ton of Minis to server farm guys running web hosting networks, so the ethernet specs are important for those sales.

So was the iMac i5/i7 spec deliberate? That's the $64,000 question that determines Apple's commitment to supplying future excellence to their high-end customers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.