Steve still doesn't look well

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Trajectory, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

The photos of Steve posted by Engadget shows that he is still rail-thin and gaunt. He doesn't look healthy at all, I hope his health improves soon and it's nothing too serious.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I thought he looked better than before to be honest...

Why don't we wait and see until the keynote is watchable online, then, we don't have to rely on mr blurrycam for our opinions...

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

To be honest, he doesn't look any worse than every Vegan I know.

TEG

4. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't watch the feed here, I watched it on Engagdet which had nice big, clear photos. It's clear that something is eating away at Steve's body.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Yes, me too, and what I'm saying, is rather than judge from a set of some blurred pictures, why not wait until you watch it in high resolution video...

6. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

How is it clear that something is "eating away" at Steve's body? Yes, he looks gaunt - a bit better - IMO - from the last event.

7. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I said, the photos weren't blurry. Does this look blurry to you?

[​IMG]

8. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ok I didn't see this photo, the only ones I saw were pretty blurred ones, even looking at that he doesn't look that skinny, he looks better than he did at MW08...

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

hes looks skinny, yes, but not at all gaunt or like before.

Hes fine. lay off

10. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's your opinion.

11. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I agree.

Looked well enough to me.

12. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Where as what you're saying is quite obviously pure fact...

13. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did I say that? Move on, please.

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

No but you did insinuate it, which is pretty much close enough...

Move on? Because I disagree with you means I shouldn't post in this thread?

15. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I have to agree with the OP, he does not look well to me.

16. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Just like the new ipods, he is getting thinner and more powerful every year.

Don't be surprised if the next MacBook Air commercial shows both the Air AND Steve Jobs coming out of the envelope at the SAME TIME!

17. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Just like the event today, questions of his health was a non-event. He looked better than at the iPhone show.

18. rfrankl macrumors 6502

OP must be part of the hedge fund Steve alluded to.

19. kupua macrumors member

I don't recall a story bout him being vegan... but shirt and pants look very baggy. I'm with the the rest of the club, something is eating away at him. Wish him the best.

Just finished re-watching the 2008 Keynote from Mahallo... IMHO, the clothes fit much better then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz1-cPx0cIk

20. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's a photo of Steve in June. To me, he looks just as thin and gaunt today as he did in June. I don't see the "improvement" others allude to.

[​IMG]

Insinuating and "close enough" is you projecting your opinion onto my words. Not the same as me actually typing those words. Do you understand the difference?

21. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It is not just the gaunt appearance, but the pallor as well, which is indicative to me of chronic, or long-term, ill-health. Like the OP, I am truly sorry to see it, as he is one of the world's great creative forces in his field.

The stories about his appearance and his health (and disclosure/non-disclosure of ill-health) have caused strong feelings on other threads, too.

Clever, funny, sharp and biting - but true. Lol.

Cheers

22. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

23. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ok, I don't usually stoop that low and I apologise, but I still think Steve looks better than before, I'm incredibly skinny myself (I have a BMI of 16.5, should be at least 18.5), and he doesn't look skinnier than I do...

I'll admit, he could look better, but he still looks better than before.

24. Trajectory thread starter macrumors 6502a

I see your point, but there is a big difference between someone who is naturally skinny and someone who has lost a lot of weight due to an illness. You can be healthy and look thin, but, to me Steve does not look healthy, especially when you compare how he looks now to just a few years ago. He is clearly having serious health issues which I really hope he can overcome and get back to his healthy self again.

25. Butthead macrumors 6502

Butthead

Well that was the speculation of the previous thread I posted about Lyon's.

Lyons: Steve Jobs' health in serious question
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=555457

However, if Steve says he feels fine, he could have suffered weight loss due to complications from the side-effects of the pancreatic cancer treatments he went through, but still be relatively healthy, just loss a fair amount of weight recently from those complications that need to be addressed.

Notice how super pudgy Clinton, over-weight to be sure; looked pretty damned thin too after his own illness. But isn't Clinton overall healthier now, losing some weight, even if it doesn't look all that 'healthy' from an outward view?

If Steve has been doing any kind of exercise since his bout with cancer, overall, in spite of the weight loss back in June...in theory he could actually be in better overall health. Don't think, even if he does some exercise at all, he's going to be exercising enough to put back on weight in a muscle building way, like former president Ronald Reagan did after the attempted assassination attempt on him (had to be fitted with larger suits because of the weightlifting he was doing post surgery, got him bigger upper body muscle mass). If he actually feels better now (currently, from words in article linked below), because he's exercising more, feels stronger now than he did at WWDC, then he might actually truly be in better health now, even if it doesn't look like it. As long as he's working with doctors and dietitians, if he doesn't lose anymore weight, he could be just fine...as he says he feels.

Hmm, I think his new shaved, less scruffy looking face makes a big difference in his look from his pre-cancer, heavier weight days. Losing more hair as he ages, doesn't help any of us guys, lol (women too ;) ).

Then I notice in some of the more recent photos today, his baggy lower eyelids look a bit more pronounced, also could be from weight loss. Eck, the new blk turtlenecks look like Steve is purposely buying baggier size (too hide this new thinness? think it works opposite if that be the case...too baggy, for him now, IMHO going with less baggy turtlenecks would make him look skinny, but not so exaggerated as the super baggy look of now). Not sure if the old heavier Steve, wouldn't also look thinner wearing the current ones???

hedge fund reference....for those who did not see the CNBC interview, linky:

Steve Jobs Talks New iPods, Health: My One On One
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/26628547

though interviewer dismissed the comment, for context: