Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I saw this article and first instinct was oh yes, well he would have a go wouldn't he, just sour grapes.

However everything he says makes sense. He can't understand why its not 3G and doesn't buy the power consumption thing. Me too, the single biggest mystery about the iphone.

I also think the Air won't be that big a seller. Its too expensive and its just a wow look how thin it is and then wow look how expensive it is. It should have had a full multitouch screen with no keyboard. It is a stunning technological achievment but a bit of a blind alley.

I know its been said so many times but its just bizzare making iphone non 3G.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/...atest-offerings/2008/03/03/1204402340251.html

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
Perhaps they are having a bit of trouble getting 3G to work with the OS.
I know Motorola is having a problem with the MOTOMAXG aka (JUIX) OS supporting 3G.
This is why the RAZR2 V8 is not 3G.
and the V9(Synergy) is.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
The 3G decision was all about battery life. What good is it if 3G kills your battery in 2 hours? I guarantee you that if Apple had put 3G on there, people would be complaining at the same level, "Why does it only last 2 hours when using the Internet? Come on Apple! Give us better battery life!"

US users should also check AT&T's 3G coverage area before complaining too much about EDGE.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
US users should also check AT&T's 3G coverage area before complaining too much about EDGE.

Ya, I dont get why everyone is clamoring for the 3g iphone when ATTs coverage is basically only in large metro areas. Sure its good for the ppl in those markets, but 75% of the rest of us would see no benefit from a 3g iphone.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
I too find it extremely hilarious at all of the threads and posts pleading for 3G, Flash and GPS...yet every single time a new update comes out, those same posters are opening up new threads on "Has your battery life changes since...insert update" and complaining that they are loosing hours or days of standbye time. :confused:

I just haven't quite figured it out yet, but hey who am I other then being happy with what I have and use everyday...as is! ;)

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Ya, I dont get why everyone is clamoring for the 3g iphone when ATTs coverage is basically only in large metro areas. Sure its good for the ppl in those markets, but 75% of the rest of us would see no benefit from a 3g iphone.
AT&T hasn't stopped rolling out 3G.

If you look at their covered cities list, it shows way more mid-sized and smaller metro areas on the list now than it last year when the iPhone launched.

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/popUp_3g.html

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.