Steve

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oneofthesedaves, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneofthesedaves macrumors regular

My take on Steve Jobs:
    Because when you pretty much invented the desktop computer, turned it into a billion dollar iconic company, hired a CEO who fired you and ran the company into the ground in your absence while you formed another iconic company (Pixar), who developed the first computer animated feature film (Toy Story) and then sold that company to another company (Disney), you are pretty much a force to be reckoned with.
    When you returned to the first company you started, you restored it to financial stability, developed a multi-industry changing product (iPod), took over the recording industry (iTunes), reinvented the telephone (iPhone), forever changed the way that people buy software (App Store), dominated the tablet sector with a breakthrough product thereby shushing the naysayers (iPad), and surpassed Microsoft and Exxon Mobile in market capitalization, that makes you a beast of epic proportions. (And I didn’t even mention Mac OS X)

Steve- Thank you for having the vision to invent devices that have changed the way I live and work. Thank you for devices that put me in touch with information that has changed my life. Thank you for making technology that is actually enjoyable to use. Thank you for bringing beautiful design and aesthetics to the world of computers. Thank you for the graphical user interface, and multi-touch technology. Thank you for killing the floppy disk, CD's, and the Newton. Thank you for blazing your own trail even though everyone said you were wrong. Thank you for not trying to be all things to all people. You have left a huge mark on humanity and the world will never be the same. Oh yeah...and thanks for Pixar.

2. bob616 macrumors 6502

Thank You for inspiring me to develop iPhone apps Steve.

3. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to include a thank you for ditching plastic and machining aluminum. Simply beautiful.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Where you said, he saved the company after he left. Im afraid the same thing might happen with him gone now. Sad sad day.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I really hope not. Tim Cook is really Steve's second hand man, and I really think over the past 10 years Steve's passed on a lot of wisdom and intellect that Tim will use for a long time. I hope Apple keeps Steve's legacy and influence for as long as they can. Steve Jobs was Apple, and I want Apple to still have that in their DNA in the future.

We'll miss you Steve.

7. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

Because I thought I would bring a little perspective to the moan and groan crowd who were claiming that they were going to switch to Android. See you in line to get a 4S guys.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Hmm okay. Don't be surprised though if the mods move this there... I have a feeling they might - especially since they moved every other one (lol).

9. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I'll be in line for the iPhone for Steve (4S).

10. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I was thinking more of quotes by Steve, engraved on the back. That would indeed be very nice.

11. bt22 macrumors 6502

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Sorry, we need to keep this discussion in the main news thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.