All iPads Stick with Mini 2 or get Air 2...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by randy98mtu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Not really looking for advice, just sharing for discussion purposes because I can't do much while I'm watching my kids. I have 3 daughters. My oldest just got a Mini 2 (32 gb wifi)for her birthday this year. We were going to wait until next year to get my next daughter one for her birthday. The Mini 1 she has been using is on its last leg. It was dropped last year and the LCD cracked. It was useable, but it's getting worse and worse. I have a Mini 2 (128 cellular), that honestly after using my 6 Plus I can't stand the screen on the mini. I'm into photography and I really can't do lightroom edits on my mini because the color is so poor.

So at this point, we have decided to get a mini for my second daughter for her birthday this week. I have debated this much without bringing it up to the wife, but I'm considering just passing mine down and getting an Air 2 for myself. My dilemma is would I use it that much more than I use my current mini? A 32 gb Mini 2 with Apple Case and Apple Care would come to $517 plus tax. To get a 64 gb cellular Air 2 for myself with Apple Care and Apple Case would come to about $900. And I'd be dropping down to 64 gb, which I am ok with.

What would you do?

2. David58117 macrumors 65816

Do you really need cellular?

The air 2 is definitely much better, but $900 is a bit much in my opinion.

3. randy98mtu thread starter macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I caved. That thing was so beautiful I had to have it. I got them to price match Staples $539 for the 64 GB WiFi. You are right, i can just hotspot my phone. I haven't powered it on or set it up yet. I still want to let the wife know what I am doing, but the price difference is pretty small.