stick with the old macbook, or get the SHinny New Macbook Pro ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sanzu3, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sanzu3 macrumors regular

sanzu3

I bought a Macbook 1.1, last October:
    Intel Core Duo, 2GB Ram - its a great machine but I'm really, really tempted by the latest Macbook Pro's - love the new screens.

Now if I got a macbook pro, 2.4 GHz, 4GB ram + 7200rpm harddrive would I notice quite a leap in speed ????

Basically I'm feeling guilty about buying a my laptop in under a year and I need someone to encourage me and convince me I'm not mad.

Cheers,

M

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

you think you are bad, I have had a total of 4 macbooks, the last a few weeks old and wanted a MBP so i bought it, I will NEVER go back to a macbook again the MBP is amazing...I dont know why i waited so long :(

3. sanzu3 thread starter macrumors regular

sanzu3

okay thats it - I'm ordering a MBP !!!

4. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

That was easy...lol. Yes, if you pick up the 2.4, I think you might notice some increased performance..:D I would suggest that you buy RAM third party, though, since Apple charges an arm and a leg for em. Try OWC.

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

6. macjay macrumors 6502

I would only move to the MBP if you're unhappy with the MacBook, or if there's something it can't do performance-wise that the MBP could.

7. sanzu3 thread starter macrumors regular

sanzu3

Damn I should have ordered today - now I'll have to wait till Tuesday (monday is a holiday in uk)

8. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

You will love it....its so much nicer the the Macbook :)

9. Palliser macrumors regular

I think "nicer" means different things to everyone. I could have bought a mbp but went with a macbook because I think smaller is "nicer". I travel a lot and it it's nice for me to have something ultra-portable. I guess its all in the eye of the beholder. Don't get me wrong the mbp is nice and I almost got one, but saying its "nicer" than the macbook is a bit off. IMHO.

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Nicer it is no sharp edges, nice keyboard, more screen, no crappy track pad....yes in my mind its much nicer.......IMHO!

11. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the MBP club. D: You won't regret your purchase, trust me.

12. macjay macrumors 6502

I agree that the MBP is nicer, however if someone is content with the build of the MB and it does everything they need it to do then IMO it doesn't make sense to move to a MBP.

13. sportsnut macrumors regular

+1

14. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

+2, although I am going through the same mental wrestling match. Can't game on the MacBook well, only thing keeping me coming back to the MBP.

15. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

My macbook is doing everything perfectly, but I'm hating the sharp edges and miss the feel of the aluminum keyboard. I'm about to jump ship just because of that.

16. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

The track pad on the macbook drove me nuts, it just feels so nice......on the MBP!

17. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I have to say that many of us dont NEED a MBP but have it anyways :)

18. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I've been through 3 Macbooks (no problems with any) and now my sister just got a MBP. I love it so much more than the MB. Get the MBP! It's so much faster than the MB (starting up, loading programs, etc) and the screen is much more brighter.

19. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

See thats what happens when you open your sisters MBP, you bonded with it........so take it and run :)

20. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

Money exist to be used.

21. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I wish I could. Now she's got a MB and a MBP. I asked if she could just use her MB and I'd take the MBP but it's still under the school's possession. I would sell my MB in a heartbeat to buy a MBP if I wasn't paying so much for dental school secondary application fees :(

22. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You evil MBP people! Had just settled on getting a MB but after reading thread after thread after thread about the MBP I went and spent some time with it.

Yeah I ordered my first MBP tonight. :D

23. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Haha the MBP is really sweet i just love the way it feels and looks....and always loved the MBP look better then the macbook......

24. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Haha that's hilarious. You'll love it!

25. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Yeah I have too but talked myself out of buying it. Then of course due to these dang forums went to take a second look or what ever count it was :p and finally decided to bite the bullet.

Figured I would just always want the MBP even if I would have been happy with the MB.