Stick with XP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Chupa Chupa, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've got XP on my other Macs but I've got a new MBP 2.4 coming the end of the week or next. I'm putting 4GB RAM on it. Am I best off buying another copy of XP oem or should I go Vista Home oem? I didn't go Vista previous b/c it was so new and I was scared of compatibility and driver issues. Is that still a concern? I can get Vista for $20 less than XP, so I'd love to save if it's not going to end up kicking me in the face later on.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I personally prefer XP over Vista, it seems more compatible than Vista, but I don't think XP can take full advantage of 4GB of RAM.

3. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Stick with XP...I had Vista business and went back to XP. There was no benefit for me for running that bloated OS.

4. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

If you want to use all 4 gigs of RAM, you'll want Vista 64-bit.

You should have no driver problems. The only thing I recommend is that you look up the compatibility of your programs for Vista. A simple google search will reveal a lot.

5. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

XP

Vista is a cluster f*ck of poorly designed and executed animations. Everything is way to glossy.

Looks like your computer fell thru a tub of car wax.