Stickies App

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cherrybomb, Mar 12, 2008.

1. cherrybomb macrumors regular

cherrybomb

Now I've had my mac for quite some time but I have never been able to figure out the purpose of the stickies app. What I wanted to know is, if it is possible to have multiple stickies on your desktop at one time? If so, how do I apply this? Can the stickies float on your desktop, or do I use dashboard to get multiple stickies? I am quite confused with this one.

If anyone could help, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!!

2. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

if you just go to file>new note it will produce a new sticky...you can move them around, change color, font etc etc,
    i have mine set to start at login.. pretty useful but somewhat redundant with the new note feature in 10.5 mail

Attached Files:

3. cherrybomb thread starter macrumors regular

cherrybomb

That's great, thank you. I can honestly say I didn't realize I could do such a thing. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded to Leopard yet, even though I have it sitting here. I'm deciding on whether to wipe my mac entirely and do a clean install.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I've been keeping doctor's appts. and all kinds of junk in a sticky for years. I keep it just over my hard drive icon. Double clicking the top bar shrinks it to a single line, same thing opens it. I couldn't live without it.

5. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

I would suggest backing everything up and doing a clean install... seems to produce better results... at least it did for me....

6. cherrybomb thread starter macrumors regular

cherrybomb

Thanks for the heads up MSD401! I'll shall do so in the near future!!

7. mputnam80 macrumors newbie

Thanks for this. I have been wanting to figure this out for a while now, lol. It' so easy!