Stickies Mods

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poppe, Aug 6, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I really like the Stickies.app and use it all the time, but the problem is I want to mod them.

IS there anything out that I can download to enhance the stickies?

Preferable I would like to make stickies, well sticky. I would like them to be stuck to my desktop. So that any window will be above it. I know it kinda does this already, but I want it to seem like it is stuck to my desktop; as if it is part of my desktop like a real sticky stuck to your desk, and the clutter is all above it.

I use stickies for quick notes and memo's and this would be quite useful...

Any ideas?

2. sain macrumors member

Are you using the dashboard stickies? Or the actual application :confused:

The application. finder/applications/ stickies sounds like it does exactly what you want. Mine stay on my desktop behind my browsers windows and everything.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you might want to combine this guide with the dashboard stickies. it may be what you're looking for.

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

I am using the application, and yes they do close to what I want. Yes they stay behind my browser, but that is not what I want.

I want it to be stuck to my desktop. I wish I could make them almost a permanent thing that I stick to my desktop, so that it is stuck to my desktop and everything else is above it (it's very hard to explain). I also wish Apple would make it as if it wasn't running. I hate seeing it run in the dock.

Thank you. I just don't like the dashboard stickies, and when you do use them on your desktop they are above everything else.

5. Beni Rose macrumors newbie

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm trying to get the same thing going, because I hate keeping stickies running in my dock and I hate that they can be on top of my other apps, they should stick to the desktop. It looks like that dashboard mod does the exact opposite of what we were looking for. Thanks tho.

6. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Nope sadly I never did get it solved... Perhaps someone will make a program like stickies, or mod stickies.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

with mac os x leopard, my fourth space is dedicated to my stickies. the app is always open, and all my stickies are always there. being only a keystroke away, it's quite convenient.