Stickies ON iphone!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by peewee12345, Jun 2, 2013.

1. peewee12345 macrumors member

I tried BugMe but what I want is a Stickies that is launched automatically
    I am older and cannot trust my recall.. so I want the critical short list of to do, to over ride the icons on my iphone by SHOWING the stickies note as soon as I look at the iPhone screen- like a Stickie on my MBP
    I am thinking this is not possible

Thank you

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Just based on what you are saying and how iOS works, no this isn't possible. Not without jailbreak. While jailbreak would make it possible, I wouldn't know if there is an app on cydia that can do this. Someone else will have to chime in.

One thing to note though is you can set stock reminders to pop up in your notifications at a certain time and not go away unless you've dismissed them.

3. peewee12345 thread starter macrumors member

Can Android?
    The iphone multitasks so well, I don't think I would switch to competiton.
    But lastest itunes 11. has been a drag, and I am wondering how to have the maximum flexibility without paying for TWO monthly services!!

Too bad, Stickies are so heloful
    Thank you for notification idea

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

There is no limitation in Android that would keep something like this from working. That said, I don't use something like this and, unfortunately, wouldn't know where or how to point you in the right direction. I will say that with widgets, and being able to have "multiple home screens", you can basically just have notifications take up the page that pops up when you unlock the phone. The drag with that is if you don't have anything in your notifications app, you will essentially unlock to a blank page. But if you were to use something like that daily/constantly, it might be a non issue.

As far as multitasking, android is still king just based in how multitasking is handled. For most, iOS is fine, and since you like it, I think it will likely be fine for you. However, android does true multitasking whereas iOS really doesn't. There are pros and cons to both methods, the most common being battery differences as well as speeds of app switching.

Edit: have a look at this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.viverra.stickynoteswidget&hl=en
    There are a few more like it. This one seemed the best rated. I just searched "android sticky note". HTH!

5. maxosx macrumors 68020

There's a wonderful App I use daily. It sits on the bottom on my iPhone dock. That way no matter what screen I'm in its available.

Click it & it launches an equivalent of a blank piece of paper that's ready for you to jot down your note, thought or idea. Once captured it will then allow you to keep a running list, or copy & paste it to any other app you wish.

You've got to experience it to appreciate all it can do. Like email your note, date & time stamp it, and many more functions. It's all easier than it sounds & best of all, the app is free and doesn't have any ads.

The name of this app is "Drafts".

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sometimes, if I need to make a note to myself all I do is text myself. The text contains my reminder to myself and will be either on the lockscreen (if I lock the phone right after I send the text), the NC or in the SMS app.

Don't know if that helps, but it works for me.

7. peewee12345 thread starter macrumors member

San Diegan, transplanted from Triboro east coast
    Thank you very much