iPad Sticking with my iPad 4.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lucille Carter, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Have two iPad 4 units now and could not be more happy. Both WiFi and one a 64gb and the other is 128gb.

I have no need for thinner and lighter. The slightly faster processor would be nice but not worth the upgrade.

I am hoping the iPad Pro is not just a rumor.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

If I would you I would do exactly the same. There is no need to upgrade and your models will still be supported years from now (look at that iPad 2 :p ). I think the only people who really need to upgrade are iPad 1 owners... Thats all..

3. jabingla2810, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Cool, thats good for you.

For me, much thinner, much lighter and much faster means i'll be upgrading :)

Obviously the iPad 4 will continue to be a great product, but this is a significant update.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I sold my iPad 3 last week in prep.

Ordered a 4. $150 off! Get dual stream wifi and Airdrop to my iPhone! And all light ing adapters.

----------

"Much" faster is in serious question.

If you value light and thin. Sure its significant, but an iPad Mini bests it and has higher PPI also!

If you value performance and features, its mediocre at best.

5. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

The iPad Air looks pretty awesome.

I've got an iPad 3 but don't really use it that much.

6. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Even though I use my device out in the field and at home, I can not see where a little lighter and thinner will enhance my experience. As far as faster, what they claim in extra speed in the past, is hardly "perceptable".

I have had evey new iPhone and every new iPad but will wait to see if the next upgrade will be of any real help for me. The thinner and lighter is a non-issue to me.

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Looks "Much" faster to me.

[​IMG]

I know this is just a slide on a Keynote, but generally Apple are quite honest about performance gains.

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Its a iPad though not laptop/desktop. Most people wouldn't notice and just get used to what they are using.

----------

Same here, my iPad 4 is only a few months old, will wait, hopefully for a 12" next year.

9. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Just saying that past CPU upgrades will have some performance gains but in the real world the speed increase will be slight.

10. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

I have iPad 3 right now so I guess I really have to update to ip5 :) This is is!

11. Godzilla71, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Godzilla71

I am actually thinking about doing the same thing and getting a refurb 4 32 or 64gb. I need more space and if the 4 will give me a slight spec bump from the 3 and save me $$$ I might just do that instead of a 32gb air.

12. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

eww ipad 4? i have one and can't wait to ditch it. The bezel is huge compared to the ipad air. If I were you I would sell those asap

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Cool OP.

I was on an update every 2 years with the iPad track. It's changed a bit but it has nothing to do with specs.

LOL dude, really? Since we're on the "if I were you" train ... If I were you I'd focus on what you want in life and not what someone else decides to do. ;) It is not a terrible thing that someone is happy with their iPad 4. It's a great device.

14. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Im not sure if you are serious or not, but you do understand you are on the internet right? If I want to share my opinion, I can do it. If you don't like it, move on buddy ;)

15. Vcolassi macrumors newbie

I am currently using a ipad 3 and can't decide if I should get the air. After a fresh install of 7.0.3 it's pretty zippy. I could prob get like $300-$350 locally on Craig's list. It's the 16GB wifi/4G model. I would have to come out of pocket about another $200. Not really sure it's worth it at the moment. Plus I have $500 tied up with my Xbox One pre order :D

16. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

"eww"?

Really?

LOL!

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

We're on the internet?

And I'm not your buddy.

18. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

yea i meant buddy sarcastically. IMO if I had a buddy like you, I'd probably embarass you often.

19. smileyface macrumors member

I am seriously impressed that Apple has got the ipad air down to 1lb.This is not a little lighter folks,it's a LOT lighter than the ipad 4 at 1.5 lbs.

My biggest gripe with my ipad 4 has always been the weight.I have never gotten used to the heft especially with a cover on it.The ipad air is going to be dream to hold and use and in my opinion,it is a big deal.

However,my ipad 4 is still fast enough for all current apps and ios7 runs smoothly so I will not be upgrading for at least another year.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There is never going to be a chance for you, not even a slim one. ;) You would find yourself outdone, frequently. Buddy.